Does the Camera Rotate 360 degrees

Reaction score
It does not look like the landing gear retracts so I am assuming that the camera cant rotate 360 degrees. The new GoPro one will so I think I am going to wait. I love my P3P and the new enhancements are nice but I don't think it is enough for me to upgrade especially if the camera cant rotate 360 degrees. Can anyone confirm?

The camera does not rotate 360 degrees.

Thanks I did not think so becuase the landing gear does not go up and out of the way. Ashamed, looks like I will be waiting to see the specs on the new GoPro which is rumored to have a camera that goes 360 degrees. I am surpriesed that DJI would put in collision avoidance (which must have been complicated) and left out the ability to rotate the camera 360 degrees and raise the landing gear out of the way. I was so hoping that the 4 would have this incorporated.

If you ever get the chance, try using the 360 camera feature on the Inspire 1. It's pretty useless when you're flying by yourself (single operator). Not only is it tough to fly and rotate at the same time, you also lose orientation (because the camera is facing the wrong way) if you cannot see the Inspire. For that reason, I always yaw instead when flying an Inspire.

It does not look like the landing gear retracts so I am assuming that the camera cant rotate 360 degrees. The new GoPro one will so I think I am going to wait. I love my P3P and the new enhancements are nice but I don't think it is enough for me to upgrade especially if the camera cant rotate 360 degrees. Can anyone confirm?

The camera does rotate 360 degrees, with the drone!!!!!!!!

UK

Reactions: Cale262
If you ever get the chance, try using the 360 camera feature on the Inspire 1. It's pretty useless when you're flying by yourself (single operator). Not only is it tough to fly and rotate at the same time, you also lose orientation (because the camera is facing the wrong way) if you cannot see the Inspire. For that reason, I always yaw instead when flying an Inspire.
That is a very good point.

Thanks I did not think so becuase the landing gear does not go up and out of the way. Ashamed, looks like I will be waiting to see the specs on the new GoPro which is rumored to have a camera that goes 360 degrees. I am surpriesed that DJI would put in collision avoidance (which must have been complicated) and left out the ability to rotate the camera 360 degrees and raise the landing gear out of the way. I was so hoping that the 4 would have this incorporated.

They did, it's called the Inspire 1. At the P4's price point it's just not going to happen. The differences between the Inspire 1 and P series are slim enough as it is, 360 degree rotation and retracting landing gear are all that's left, unless you start talking about the Inspire 1 Pro. I'm with msinger, I've never rotated the camera on on my Inspire, I only own the model because of the X5, rotating the camera does not interest me in the slightest.

The only value I can see with a 360 camera capability is if you can set up an autonomous flight and during the flight to the various way points the bird is handling all the flight duties while your're free to pan the camera around anywhere you like. No change in direction would occur.

is if you can set up an autonomous flight and during the flight to the various way points the bird is handling all the flight duties while your're free to pan the camera around anywhere you like
You can yaw while flying waypoints without changing the direction of your bird.

I haven't tested waypoints on other third party apps. I'm assuming they all have access to that setting via the DJI SDK.

I would think that something like the Inspire 1 can perform smoother orbits and tracking shots with the rotating camera vs the Phantom yawing? Has anyone seen a comparison?

They did, it's called the Inspire 1. At the P4's price point it's just not going to happen. The differences between the Inspire 1 and P series are slim enough as it is, 360 degree rotation and retracting landing gear are all that's left, unless you start talking about the Inspire 1 Pro. I'm with msinger, I've never rotated the camera on on my Inspire, I only own the model because of the X5, rotating the camera does not interest me in the slightest.
When the new GoPro drone is released with a 360 degree rotating camera retractable landing gear and a better camera DJI may regret releasing this version. Yes the ovoidence system is nice but with basically the same camera? It is just not enough to compell P3P users to upgrade in my opinion

When the new GoPro drone is released with a 360 degree rotating camera retractable landing gear and a better camera DJI may regret releasing this version.
Personally, I'm happy DJI did not waste time on those features. Until you fly an Inspire, you really won't understand how worthless those features really are.

Those new features actually scare me. I recall when I first heard about the P3 having the VPS deal for indoor flying and people were just leaving it on when flying outdoors. How many issues came up with that system. wow. Some felt it was causing crashes that a bunch of us just turned off VPS completely. I don't think I ever turned mine back on. I don't trust it. Now you have collision avoidance and I can only imagine how much more complicated that system probably is. I suspect a LOT of firmware releases are in store for the P4.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik