Does Phantom 3 have an auxiliary power cable somewhere inside?

So cool. Is the adapter robust enough to power a separate 600mw Tx if I wanted to put one on the Phantom 3? I know, I know, why do that? But, just wondering.
I would think so if they are still making them the same as mine, lot's of contact surface, you 'might' have to solder some larger gauge wire on to the adapter, but I would just add another pigtail for the Xmitter. So, why would you even need this, unless its for a Flytrex.

I would think so if they are still making them the same as mine, lot's of contact surface, you 'might' have to solder some larger gauge wire on to the adapter, but I would just add another pigtail for the Xmitter. So, why would you even need this, unless its for a Flytrex.

5ghz signal is much faster in terms of latency. It is immediate and easier to navigate using goggles, and goggles is the second reason. But, I'm not really that crazy about going this route, it's just something I'm curious about.

IMO putting anything that prevents the battery from making solid contact with the power connector is a risky practice. Why not just do it right by soldering a female JST pigtail on top of the power lead solder point on the motherboard? It would take one minute once the case is split.

Reactions: N017RW
You could tap into the front Red LED light wire. Those can be turned off in the app

Can you post a screenshot of this? I was told this is not possible. (If not a screenshot, just tell me where it is?) Thanks in advance,

IMO putting anything that prevents the battery from making solid contact with the power connector is a risky practice. Why not just do it right by soldering a female JST pigtail on top of the power lead solder point on the motherboard? It would take one minute once the case is split.
The second you split the case you void the warranty, if it wasn't for that I would go your route also. So if you don't care about a warranty then you can do that. And with this slip on connector the battery still makes full contact, I double checked my P2 on this as I was concerned as well. But it has worked flawlessly for over 200 flights.

The second you split the case you void the warranty, if it wasn't for that I would go your route also. So if you don't care about a warranty then you can do that. And with this slip on connector the battery still makes full contact, I double checked my P2 on this as I was concerned as well. But it has worked flawlessly for over 200 flights.

Many have heard that but has anyone read it any where??? A link maybe???

I just scanned the Owners manual for the word "void' and then again for "warranty" and it only refers to messing with the camera. There's NO mention of anything to do with opening the fuselage.

Many have heard that but has anyone read it any where??? A link maybe???

I just scanned the Owners manual for the word "void' and then again for "warranty" and it only refers to messing with the camera. There's NO mention of anything to do with opening the fuselage.
This was a specific question of Tahoe Ed and Blade Strike, and both responded after checking with higher up's that opening the case will void the warranty, as there are no user serviceable parts inside I assume.

Great Guys, glad they're here.

Just how does the rest of the world know?

It's a CYA answer at this point. If it's not in writing... well you get the idea.

No thanks.

I'm not going to rely 'connections' for my information.
I'd rather refer to documentation.

YMMV

Can you post a screenshot of this? I was told this is not possible. (If not a screenshot, just tell me where it is?) Thanks in advance,
Mc settings > advanced settings > turn on arms LED (second from bottom)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1