Does P3P need camera/gimbal attached in order to fly

Reaction score
Just curious as to whether or not the P3P will take off and fly without the camera/gimbal attached? If so, are there any special settings that need to be made in order for this to work?

Interesting question.

I have not really tried without cam and gimbal but as I don't see closed feedback loops in the controls, it looks possible to fly without them. At the most one should not press buttons to take pic or video and not set gimbal to follow yaw. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I appreciate your feedback but hoping for someone to confirm. Considering buying another new P3P, selling camera, battery, remote and charger. Using it solely to fly without need for camera.

I don't know the answer to the question but..A UAV school near here uses Phantom 2's for training purposes with camera removed. This makes them lighter and simpler for learners. You can even (sometimes) survive a small crash without too much damage. I think the same thing (removing camera and gimbal) would be a good idea for the P3 if possible.

Just curious as to whether or not the P3P will take off and fly without the camera/gimbal attached? If so, are there any special settings that need to be made in order for this to work?
yes it will. i crashed mine, gimbal broke off as did the ribbon, but it still flew with RC controls. i didnt have to do anything special, both the dji go app functions worked, as did stick .. just not the camera things.

Why buy the P then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why the P you ask? I figure I can sell the camera, battery, remote and charger for $700 after purchasing a P for $800. For $100, it would be a nice toy to have.

Why the P you ask? I figure I can sell the camera, battery, remote and charger for $700 after purchasing a P for $800. For $100, it would be a nice toy to have.
Good thinking :) if you can get that much it definitely seems worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I flew mine today with no camera and then with a Hero 3+.
Radar and gps map work fine but there is always a big red No Signal banner in top center.

You have to watch the IMU warmup page for a green light and any warnings and of course satellite acquisition numbers up top in the banner.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl