Does P2 ships from factory with gimbal?

Reaction score
Assuming there is no game changer announcement at the CES show January 7 like a 3 axis gimbal, I’m planning to purchase the Phantom 2 with H3-2D Gimbal for $869 from either B&H or DroneFly. Can I assume the P2 ships complete from the factory with the gimbal? If the gimbal is connected by the retailer, I would think DroneFly.com has more experience assembling them.

In other words, can I assume the product is identical whether I get it from BH or DroneFly?

Thanks,

richparry said:
...In other words, can I assume the product is identical whether I get it from BH or DroneFly?

I ordered from DoneFly. The H3-2D came in it's own box. Following the youtube video worked perfectly for me.

When you purchase the Phantom 2 and the H3-2D Gimbal separately the price is $679 + $369 for $1048 but if you buy the combo it is $869. Why such a big difference? Do you get more if you buy separately?

Because they can. The P2 zenmuse is a little cheaper than the regular zenmuse. It doesn't come with the GCU. I think it's $30 cheaper. But the reality is that no one is going to buy the stand alone P2 zenmuse when they can get it in the package. Although if you crash and break your zenmuse, DJI now owns your balls. It would be cheaper to buy another P2 with zenmuse package and sell the P2 by itself for a few bucks under retail.

Thanks for the explanation. I agree it's best to buy the package - then you have an additional battery plus all the spare parts (NAZA) to use in case of a crash or to even use on a new build of a similar product such as the F550.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20