Does new firmware include geofencing

Reaction score
Hey guys

I notice that there's a new firmware update when I log into the dji app. I haven't had my drone for too long, my question is does the new update include geofencing? I like to fly my drone when I go visit my in laws house. According to the hover app they are maybe 5-7 blocks shy of the 5 mile radius from an airport. I would hate for the Geo fencing to keep my drone from taking off.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey guys

I notice that there's a new firmware update when I log into the dji app. I haven't had my drone for too long, my question is does the new update include geofencing? I like to fly my drone when I go visit my in laws house. According to the hover app they are maybe 5-7 blocks shy of the 5 mile radius from an airport. I would hate for the Geo fencing to keep my drone from taking off.

Thanks in advance

If you mean DJI's GEO system, the code is probably there but it is still in beta and hasn't been fully implemented yet. By the way, it is your choice to update or not. The app is only telling you that there is an update available. You don't have to do it if you don't want to do it. That being said, I suggest you do update if you have FW 1.5 since it is a known bad version. Other than that, you can keep what you have if all is working well for you.

Last edited:
Like others here, I did the update and a while back and afterwords I cannot fly near by my house, I get a "No fly zone" message and it will not start up. I would check what version you have first and make sure you are not about to ground your P3

Thanks guys. I'll check what version I currently have. I haven't had any issues as of yet. So I was only considering updating if it had major fixes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20