Does my Phantom 3 get better range than my Phantom 4?!

I just ordered mine yesterday and reading all threads here made me anxious. How far does your p4 go?

641c1efae1331b0cab29d65e552ea4cc.jpg

Not sure about yours but my p4 goes very very far [emoji848]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Great vid regarding range on the P4! That isolation away from interference in open fields definitely will always improve range.
The best test so far! What are you getting with the antenna mod?

Yeh ... Around my neighborhood ,that's is wifi congested, I get 1 and half miles average

Great vid regarding range on the P4! That isolation away from interference in open fields definitely will always improve range.
The best test so far! What are you getting with the antenna mod?

Have not tested with the mod on the P4, but my P3 got 15,400 ft. with the DBSMods kit. Check out the video here

Have not tested with the mod on the P4, but my P3 got 15,400 ft. with the DBSMods kit. Check out the video here
Very Cool! Let us know when you do a mod with the P4. I am curious what the range will be then.

0ee6aacecd08cc99c165f47705044b43.jpg

This is my maximum range with a cheap wind surfer antenna.
My only complaint is being very sensitive to direction. I wish I have someway to make it less sensitive to direction as you know sometimes along the course you are not sure if you direct your antenna the exact right direction of your bird , needless to say that I can't get this range if I direct my phantom to more residential areas
Or over big building.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Drone Master
0ee6aacecd08cc99c165f47705044b43.jpg

This is my maximum range with a cheap wind surfer antenna.
My only complaint is being very sensitive to direction. I wish I have someway to make it less sensitive to direction as you know sometimes along the course you are not sure if you direct your antenna the exact right direction of your bird , needless to say that I can't get this range if I direct my phantom to more residential areas
Or over big building.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for sharing! Love the Sunnyvale area!

Yeh ... Around my neighborhood ,that's is wifi congested, I get 1 and half miles average
is that open field or with trees/houses?

Volace have you looked the options available at maxxuav.com . I got there boosted setup and my range now far exceeds the battery power of my p4.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello! could anyone please tell me how upgrade extra battery for p4. Im a beginner. Thanks

Got my P4 out 20,145 ft. with windsurfers only, one way..
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1462729171.926321.jpg

Here's my best with my P3P.. same flight path, same windsurfers..
558f7f56cee00b05a7dac1dc39e0c1e8.jpg

I've done back to back tests on different flight paths, it's always been the same.. The P3 consistently gets around 2,000 to 2,500 ft. greater distance over longer flights, I guess that's appropriate given the P4 transmitter puts out around 20% less power. At first I was a little bummed because of this, but If I really wanted to address the issue I would just install a Itelite antenna or something. But the ranges I'm getting of around 4 miles distance work for me.. So I'm happy.

Last edited:
How much less is the range without the Windsurfer?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.