Does map data (on app) come from wifi or RC.

Reaction score
I got a "No Signal" message, the red one top center on the app. The image turned gray and froze for a bit. After about 10 seconds the RC reconnected and I flew back and did a RTH about half way back which worked. Was the "No Signal" error the RC not connecting, or the WiFi (video down-link)? Also a related question, does the map data on the app come from the WiFi also. So if WiFi goes out but not the controller connection, will the map still show me whats going on. Thanks.

Last edited:
I answered the first question on the other thread :p I think the map data comes from the WI-FI since when I get the 'No Signal' message the map freezes then updates when the WI-FI connection is established again. It would be cool if it was the other way around since at least knowing where my Phantom was when there was no signal would make me feel a lot less nervous about flying out further :(

Thanks for the replies on both threads. Me too, on not feeling good about what's going on with the drone when the signal drops. Since anyone would be out some distance when this happens and couldn't really see it too well, and you have no FPV or telemetry (map view). I'm not sure how or why you would keep going further out or anything else but to pull it back in some. It's like you would be flying blind till the wifi connects again.

Thanks for the replies on both threads. Me too, on not feeling good about what's going on with the drone when the signal drops. Since anyone would be out some distance when this happens and couldn't really see it too well, and you have no FPV or telemetry (map view). I'm not sure how or why you would keep going further out or anything else but to pull it back in some. It's like you would be flying blind till the wifi connects again.

Yeah, The furthest I've been able to get in CE mode is 600m at that point I was getting very weak video signal and it cut out once yet I still had full bars on the RC signal so I could of went much further :/ You can see in the image I took below

AyziVQF.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20