Does Litchi work with P4

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Litchi program will work with the P4? I want to be able to program way points without having to fly them.

Can anyone tell me if the Litchi program will work with the P4? I want to be able to program way points without having to fly them.

The reply I got when asking the same question on a similar app.. "depends on when DJI make the P4 SDK available"

Reactions: DougS
The reply I got when asking the same question on a similar app.. "depends on when DJI make the P4 SDK available"

Thank you. That does not seem very reassuring and I guess the answer for now is NO. It seems with the P4 DJI is trying to substitute complete autonomous flight with its GOTO feature and ability to record a flight plan.

Not sure if this is to stay out of the FAA cross hairs or not but the do appear to be making it difficult.

All speculation here, but I don't think it will take 6 months to get an SDK for the P4 like it did for the P3. I suspect the current SDK largely supports the P4, outside of some specific tweaks to deal with the vs. PA_S switch on the P4 controller and other details like that. I don't think they need to build an entirely new SDK from scratch like they did with the P3, it just needs updating to work with the P4. At least that is what I hope.

Reactions: DougS
All speculation here, but I don't think it will take 6 months to get an SDK for the P4 like it did for the P3. I suspect the current SDK largely supports the P4, outside of some specific tweaks to deal with the vs. PA_S switch on the P4 controller and other details like that. I don't think they need to build an entirely new SDK from scratch like they did with the P3, it just needs updating to work with the P4. At least that is what I hope.

Thanks and I hope you are right but I would think with the Obstacle Avoidance built in it will definitely affect a good bit of the SDK when it comes to any app dealing with autonomous flight operations.

I would not want to be the unfortunate person writing that code.

Does anyone know if litchi for p2 works with the phantom 4?
I don't really want to buy litchi for p4

Never tried it but doubtful since it uses a different SDK. Even if it did you'd be missing most of the advanced Litchi features. The P2 version doesn't allow yaw controls it basically just waypoint to waypoint.

Does anyone know if litchi for p2 works with the phantom 4?
I don't really want to buy litchi for p4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie