Does it need a name?

Reaction score
Now that I have your attention, and hopefully not your dirty mind I pose the following.

Is it strange that I'm struggling to decide on a name for my incoming quad? Getting the P2V+ and i feel it should be called something other than My Phantom, or the drawn out version. I don't like the whole "that's my drone". No idea what I'll end up with, heck I might even call it Fred. So if you have something you call yours, post it up.

What ever I land on will most likely drive the decoration / skin / paint scheme. So far I've toyed with:

The Blue Falcon - it takes my money, keeps the ladies away, and generaly steals all the attention
Merlin - top gun / Tim robbins reference : great flyer, able to escape shawshank, and the best idea at Hudsucker (everyone was amazed even though they didn't understand it)

suggestions are welcome....and so is telling me how dumb this post is.

1.) not dumb. 2.) Merlin would be perfect. Great reference. Was his helmet purple with a lightning or something? Coo scheme.

There was a cute receptionist at my hotel in Yangon when I went to Myanmar a few years ago. Her name is probably impossible for me to try to spell, but sounded something like MoonJet. I bought my Phantom specifically for my second Burmese trip so named it Clipper MoonJet. Clipper because it wears Pan Am livery and MoonJet for Burma.

My second Phantom wears Japan Airlines livery. I haven't named her yet.

Attachments

• Phantom JAL.jpg
    Phantom JAL.jpg
    712 KB · Views: 530
dirkclod said:
Fits huh :lol:

Nice name, Dirk... but... do you know where she is at the moment??? :D :D :D

-slinger

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we've all agreed, MIA is taken. I know where she is ;)

Nope, it's not dumb.

I'm guessing you have this bird arriving in the near future so, and this might be dumb.

When she arrives, make note of the temperature, inches of snow on the ground, sky conditions, precipitation amount or type (if any), wind speed, pieces of mail in your box that day, the first person you see or talk to after she arrives, and look at the data as a whole as well as the individual pieces.

For example:
Temp: 22f or -5.5c
Snow depth: 64 inches (ha :lol: ha :lol: ha)
Sky: Fog
Precip: Snow
Mail: Car dealer
Person: Your hot neighbor

Then think of how all data would tie in with your new flying machine.

I could continue with examples from what I have here, but, I'll let your imagination take over.

Maybe you could post that data and we could offer names from there.

:D FYI, This will cost you a barley pop next time I am wherever you are ifn's you name your new bird this way. :D

By the way, where the heck are you on this crazy planet :?:

IflyinWY said:
For example:
Temp: 22f or -5.5c
Snow depth: 64 inches (ha :lol: ha :lol: ha)
Sky: Fog
Precip: Snow
Mail: Car dealer
Person: Your hot neighbor

Then think of how all data would tie in with your new flying machine.

I could continue with examples from what I have here, but, I'll let your imagination take over.

Maybe you could post that data and we could offer names from there.

At least post pictures of your hot neighbor. This will help us help you.

Monte55 said:
Moneypit?
Can't use Moneypit. That is a boat!!! Or a large hole in the water in which one pours money.....

Aww, c'mon, ya gotta have more than one neighbor. AND how bout a name?

We'll let you go to the next block ifn's ya have to. ;)

Todd714

Sure it needs a name. Think I will call mine the Shuttle, just like I named my ex-wife's RV. Which basically equates to "I'm paying for it and will never get to ride in it."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik