Does it ever help to reinstall firmware?

Reaction score
Are problems with the bird ever alleviated by the reinstalling of the firmware? For instance, as I mentioned in another thread, my camera will not respond to changes I make in the settings. And another thing, the other day I took her outside and ran her up to 290 feet straight up, and to my dismay, the bird would not respond to any input except to RTH (thank God). Their was no indication of problems- no prompts or messages. She's flown fine since that incident, but now I'm always a bit nervous. Should I try a reinstall of the firmware?

I believe this can not be done easily enough because it will see the same our older fw installed and will not initiate another fw install.

You cannot reinstall the current firmware. However, you could downgrade to the previous version and upgrade again.

What I'm asking is: has anyone ever had problems with their bird, reinstalled firmware, and that solved the problems? I know such a scenario is common with the Go software, but does it ever help with the firmware?

Downgrading and upgrading back to the current version should not do anything but reset the settings stored on your bird. So, it could technically fix issues that are being caused by your current settings. In most cases though, it would be easier to recalibrate the IMU, the compass, or whatever else needs to be reconfigured. However, I guess half the battle is trying to figure out what isn't setup properly and reinstalling the firmware is an easier road to travel for some people.

There is a way to reinstall same firmware. If you remove SD card and put the FW bin file back on it, then reinsert card. While pushing and holding the reset button on the VPS, power on battery , wait foe the beeps, let off on reset button and aircraft will start update process and reinstall.

There is a way to reinstall same firmware.
As I noted above, reinstalling requires downgrading one version and upgrading back to the current version.

Know of any others?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1