Does DJI test run all the p4p before sending them out? Pic

Reaction score
Thank you Ariel Media Pros in Costa Mesa, California for selling me a local p4p! Haven't flown it, but it seems like there's already a flight record. The p4p was still inside the shipping box. DId anyone else get these files?

flight record.JPG

Was the Phantom box sealed?

This was the order that it was opened in... It was sealed, or that's how mine came in

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

It was probably DJI testing it then. If you want to view those logs, you can use DatCon. It'll allow you to see where it was flown too.

It was probably DJI testing it then. If you want to view those logs, you can use DatCon. It'll allow you to see where it was flown too.
thank you. I'll check it out later. Just downloaded it. Are you sure p4p works on this? Read that mavic and p4 works so far.

I haven't tested it with the P4P, but the flight logs should be nearly identical.

Reactions: tml4191
I couldn't see the factory in China actually physically flying each and every drone. Each assembled circuit board is tested prior to assembly & I'm guessing one final test once assembled which would consist of a quick run through of the circuitry. To fly each drone would require a massive amount of time and manpower.

The only thing I can think of is that, like on most assembly lines, every 10th or 50th or 100th drone is taken off the line and given an actual physical flight test to confirm all is well with the last batch of assembled products. You may have received one of those.

The last batteries I bought (factory packaging from DJI authorised retailer) showed two charge cycles. The two phantoms I have didn't show anything in the flight records.

I couldn't see the factory in China actually physically flying each and every drone. Each assembled circuit board is tested prior to assembly & I'm guessing one final test once assembled which would consist of a quick run through of the circuitry. To fly each drone would require a massive amount of time and manpower.

The only thing I can think of is that, like on most assembly lines, every 10th or 50th or 100th drone is taken off the line and given an actual physical flight test to confirm all is well with the last batch of assembled products. You may have received one of those.
Another possibility is that their final factory test procedure produces psuedo flight logs even though the unit wasn't actually flown.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen