does DJI service center actually fix ANYTHING??

Reaction score
Some of you may know, I sent my phantom 3 in 3 weeks ago because a motor failed in flight and it landed in a tree. After chatting with some very helpful people here, I decided it would be best to send it in. I just got my drone back today and very excited to fly again, put some props on and powered up. I re calibrated the IMU and the compass and tested the motors in idle, everything looked good. I took it outside, the motor does not work anymore, spinning slowly and clicking just as it did before i sent it away. I restarted the motors a few times until they started normally, gave some power and it flipped over.
So my question is, WHAT THE HELL WAS IT DOING AT THE SERVICE CENTER FOR A WEEK?
I wrote an email demanding they actually fix the problem and also send me 4 new props to replace the ones that were destroyed by the product they failed to fix.

put a little dot on motor next time so you can tell if they replaced it

put a little dot on motor next time so you can tell if they replaced it
That is a really good idea, regret not doing that on the first trip to service. However I noticed the colored stickers on it were not cut and have no evidence of being removed (dents or marks like they were pealed back.) This means the unit was never opened, and it would needed to have been if ANY repairs were actually made. So it looks like they never even tried to fix it. I also put on the blue sticker to the innermost stripe, so even if they put on new stickers, I HIGLHY doubt they would bother to put on the same colors in the same place.
I tried to hold the motor and I got the prop to SPIN THE OTHER DIRECTION! Tell me that's a properly functioning motor.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

yep tag it send it back take picture of mark you put on it so you will have proof

Going to need to say bye for another 3 weeks at least. Not very happy about that and DJI customer support is closed for the weekend. DJI better send it back with 4 new props to replace the ones that were damaged, or at least as a sorry that we didn't fix anything.

let us no how it it went

Had a friend of mine buy a brand new P3P when he received it needed a firmware update. He did it and log showed successful. When he went to fly he had no light bridge so no video to the screen but it was recording on the SD card. He sent it back to DJI service. Like you said over 3 weeks to get it back and when he received it he was told that the aircraft was replaced with a new one. After a few flights the bird stopped working. later to find out they sent him a older rebuilt P3P. DJI has the worst service of any company I ever dealt with. Someone told me they consider any DJI products do be disposable.
There is a great service company out there called Atlanta Hobby. They do great work on DJI products but understand there is no such thing as a third party authorized DJI service center. But they do great work and will call you within a few days of receiving you aircraft with all the issues and cost.

Well after my research, I am almost positive now that what is wrong with my craft is a failed ESC unit. It is still under warranty and I can not afford the $300 replacement board so I will unfortunately will need to for for round 2 with DJI.

That sucks, hopefully it be faster and work! Let us know how round 2 goes. I sent my P2V+ about a year ago. It was gone 6 weeks, it took a week to check it in after they signed for it.

Well chatting with them right now and they are being very helpful. Minimum of 15 minute gaps between each message they send and they asked me to re-enter all the RMA details I already submitted. Guess they can't be bothered to check the request i already submitted... surprise there....

They got me a shipping label and I got everything packed to go for round 2 tomorrow. I put a small mark on the bad motor and also on a sticker on the main board, so I will know what they did to it. Hoping they actually replace the board this time.

Reactions: flpholt
Fedex reported my drone was signed for this morning. Just got the email an hour ago that the drone was scanned into their system. Hopefully they did escalate my case and they get is fixed by the end of the week.

will be interesting when you get it back if the mark is still there

Yes I am excited to see what they actually replaced on it.

well with a mark on it as a nice person on here thought of will determine if they fix it or not

Wow so they are wasting no time with me, just checked the repair tracking and they already looked it over and determined the repair free of charge. They are either not very busy this week or truly care about getting my drone fixed. (I am thinking they just aren't busy)

or just sending out a new one ?

or just sending out a new one ?
It would be nice if they just send me a new one. I replaced the colored stickers and also have some scratch marks inside the shell where my FAA number was so I can tell if they just send a new one also.

well at least this time around wont be able to fool you like last time

Just checked again, it has been reported that the repair was made and tested... That is just under 2 hours since they quoted the repair. I am pretty worried now since this is faster than they did it last time and didn't even bother to test it. They should be mailing it tomorrow if they are actually done with it so I will get it Tuesday of next week.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik