Does Boscam LCD-5802 have to have 2 antennas on monitor?

Reaction score
I got the B & H Phantom 2, H3-2D gimbal, Hero 3+ kit with iosd mini, and the AVL58 5.86 GHZ Video Link kit with the 4" Tote Vision monitor.The video link kit has two clover leaf antennas-one on P2 and one on receiver for the monitor reception.

I am interested in looking into moving to the all-in-one Boscam LCD5802. The Helipal description of this Boscam: " It has Two 5.8Ghz Receiver inside, they can work together or work separately, by working separately, it means you can setup two FPV transmitter, and you press the "Source" button on the monitor and it jumps to the channel, and if you just have one FPV transmitter, the Dual 5.8Ghz circuit will choose the better reception signal to ensure the best video quality, so this monitor is not just convenient, it picks up signal better than others too! "

And later in the description it states: " Note for upgrading with Clover Leaf Antennas
For those who wish to put on Clover Leaf Antenna, you will need to buy Two sets, because obviously there are Two antennas on this monitor. And you will need Two 5.8Ghz Antenna Adapter (Male to Male) as well, please see below to get this adapter. "

Given the first description states that the receiver can "work separately", my question is if I can just use the antennas I already have in the video link kit and put one on the monitor and keep one on the P2? That would leave one antenna plug on the monitor WITHOUT an antenna. Can the receiver/monitor still work or do I need to get another clover leaf monitor to fill the second antenna plug on the monitor?

Will the receiver still work and be able to connect to the P2 with only ONE clover-leaf antenna?

Haven't tried it, but it should work with only 1. 2 will give you better chance for reception though. I just got mine from www.banggood.com. Monitor was cheaper than helipal and shipping is free or expedited was much more reasonable than helipal's outrageous shipping price.

I have that monitor/receiver- you can set it for one or both of the diversity channels to receive- so to answer your question; yes, you can use just the one antenna... but it works better with 2.

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like I should look into getting an additional clover leaf antenna to match the other two that I have.

And, it is good to know that Bang good had a good turn around since I noted that their price was so much cheaper than anywhere else.

I've looked for clover leaf antennas and do not see an exact match to the ones that came with the video link kit. I see some Boscam clover clear antennas that look slightly different. Do these antennas ALL have to match each other exactly?

From what I understand only 1 antenna is needed.
If you note, the receptors are marked as "A" and "B" and there are two blue LED lights that light indicating which one is active.
Press the search button and it will locate an active channel on "A" first, then "B" second.
I have mine on "B" and it works just fine as a single.

That is encouraging....so that I don't have to find another clover leaf antenna...and can go through the search,etc to find the B LED. Just what I needed to know.

Little test with the BP and the Boscam RX-LCD5802, vTX has the Boscam TS58200 200mw on CH8.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0RClicTeU[/youtube]

GhostMaster. It looks like your test confirms that one antenna will work on both BP and Boscam. Thank you.

Jezabel said:
GhostMaster. It looks like your test confirms that one antenna will work on both BP and Boscam. Thank you.

Mine are both sma, not all are, better check before ordering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues