Does Black Pearl monitor work with the IRC tx or not?

Reaction score
I need to know once and for all if the Immersion RC transmitter works well with the Black Pearl diversity monitor... Or should I just buy the Immersion RC duo5800??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the ImmersionRC transmits the same frequency the Black Pearl receives, then you should be fine.

Band CH 1 CH 2 CH 3 CH 4 CH 5 CH 6 CH 7 CH 8
A 5865 5845 5825 5805 5785 5765 5745 5725
B 5733 5752 5771 5790 5809 5828 5847 5866
E 5705 5685 5665 5645 5885 5905 5925 5945
F 5740 5760 5780 5800 5820 5840 5860 5880

According to most websites, ImmersionRC is one of the supported devices.But it's always good to make sure.

I can only post my experience with IRC600 and Flysights Black Pearl monitor. It works very well for me. I get over 1km clear video even on a turn. I know I could get much further but I have no need, its photography I'm doing, and if honest, I am little bit chicken. I did get better antennae though.

I think the confusion comes in as there are several different, models, sub-models and unbranded ones and they perform differently and maybe even country specific models. I got mine from a genuine UK dealer and not banggood or whatever. Its the 32 channel RC801 with SMA (hole)

Bottom line: I'm a happy chappy

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

I have a BP 32 channel monitor with a Fatshark 250mw TX and Horizon antennas. I get out to 2000m before I get breakup. Just received an Immersion 600mw TX, Spironets and an Immersion Uno5800 receiver. Will do some testing over the next few days based on the following configs to see which setup gives the best results.

BP + FS + Horizon SP = 2000m
BP + FS + Spironet SP
BP + Immersion + Horizon SP
BP + Immersion + Spironet SP
Uno5800 + FS + Horizon SP
Uno5800 + FS + Spironet SP
Uno5800 + Immersion + Horizon SP
Uno5800 + Immersion + Spironet SP

Some people have reported issues with the BP and IRC, so I will be interested to see how it performs against my FS 250mw and BP setup which I am very happy with.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8406&start=710

@dbolner,
Hiya, I've just picked up the 7channel version Black Pearl monitor, together with the 600mW version of the immersion transmitter and spironets, and can confirm it works flawlessly. I left the dip switches on the transmitter alone. Just make sure that depending on your location you select either PAL or NTSC and match it with the GoPro settings (i had mine set to NTSC/PAL and not PAL.

This is a really fantastic screen when you consider the Immersion duo is well over £200 here, not including the need for a 3s lipo to power it. As the screen is self powered it makes for a very clean (and light) setup. I’ve used one of the spironets on the transmitter and replaced one of the whip aerials on the screen with the other

Hi there. I'm a quadcopter novice and I'm looking to purchase my first Phantom 2. I've been specing everything out and following suggestions here on this board. One such suggestions mentioned the 7-channel 600mW IRC transmitter for FPV and I was planning on going with that along with the Black Pearl monior. Is there any reason not to get that and to go with a 32-channel TX instead? I'm confused on if there are advantages between brands and whatnot I'll be operating in an urban area if the extra channels makes a difference.

Cheers.

I have the 32 channel BP and the IRC 600. I have had it over 1.5km and no signal degradation but I am not a distance man. It would have gone much further I know. You need good antennas, the stock rubber ducks are useless. Its illegal here to fly urban so nothing to contribute there.
Edit: you mean 32 channel RX not TX?

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Sorry, to clarify... I was wondering if there is a distinct advantage of having a 32-channel transmitter AND receiver. I was looking at the Immersion 7-channel transmitter and Black Pearl 7-channel receiver/monitor.

I was looking at this 7-channel 600mW transmitter: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 00mw_.html

But now I'm considering this package with a 32-channel 400mW transmitter: http://www.gothelirc.com/shopexd.asp?id=2244

I'm also confused on the differences between Fat Shark, Immersion, and whatever the above brand that is offered in the GotHeliRC.com bundle (FlySight?). Thanks, and I guess I should just start a new thread.

Hi audioscience.
I would go with the immersion rc 600mW transmitter and the 7 channel Black pearl monitor. Although there is a 32 channel version of the screen, i saw a post indicating that some people had experienced issues with it

Adrian

fwiw, people are saying the Boscam RX-LCD5802 works fine, and it's $50 cheaper than the BP display. I think I'm going to get to verify this personally this weekend I found someone with an IRC transmitter in my city

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie