Does anyone make a 5.8 ghz controller?

I'm not aware of any, but I wonder if it's possible to swap the 5.8Ghz transmitter module from the DJI controller into another company's controller (in place of a 2.4Ghz transmitter module).

The Vision TX platform is a newbie quad and a dead end from a control/fpv/video quality/upgrade standpoint.

Just the facts.

There is one way, and only one way, but it helps to explain why.

All controllers on the market are 2.4Ghz, which interferes with the vision video signals. The video on the vision series is a proprietary 2.4Ghz wifi system which is by definition incompatible with any third-party VTX options. You can't swap it out. Since there are no 5.8Ghz controllers around other than DJI, that only leaves UHF, which is actually pretty great and far superior to either 2.4 or 5.8 for control.

Unfortunately you can't just use UHF either, because the Phantom flight controller is a hybrid/gimped Naza and does not support PPM, which is required in order to use a UHF receiver. So the only option you have is to replace the stock "Naza" with a real Naza. When you do this you will lose the LEDs on the arms, and must use the single LED that comes with the Naza system. However the real Naza will give you access to PPM, which you can use for UHF. I'm not sure what you'd run into with gimbal control, but if you can find the right leads, it should be possible to hook up F1 and F2 similar to how a Zenmuse works.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31