Does anyone know where I can find music?

Reaction score
I'm seeing everyone creating these awesome videos with their phantom, I'm really looking forward to my shipped phantom arriving this week. However one question I can never really figure out, where are people getting these background music? I can't find any for free, there are a ton for a high price (some of them are 40-50 dollars for 30 seconds!). Anyone have any ideas? Feel free to PM me. Thanks for your help!

Do a google search for "Creative Commons Music" or "Royalty Free Music".
At most you will have to credit the creator of the music in your video or at least in the description section on youtube.

PTCX said:
Sony now has Acid Music Studio.There is a free version,Acid Express,that works well.
They also have music loops for sale or they give away freebies ,usually weekly but they have been a bit slack lately and it is more like monthly.
http://www.acidplanet.com/downloads/xpress/
http://www.acidplanet.com/downloads/8packs/

All royalty and licence free.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/loo ... s/eula.asp

How does the software work? It just automatically generates music? Or do you mean the program comes with a library of music to use?

You can import mp3 music loops and build a larger piece of music with them.
Music loops are mostly 5 to 30 seconds long and come in groups that can be edited together to make any number of different pieces of music to whatever length of time is required.
It's just like joining separate video clips together to make a longer video but with music clips instead.
Music loops can be purchased in bulk on CD and by download or as I said above there are freebies available for download in smaller groups called 8packs.The more of them you collect the wider the range of music you can make with them.
The paid for version of Acid Music Studio I currently use came with the Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 Imagination Suite but if you buy the paid version on it's own I think it comes with some music loops.
When you buy any of the Sony video editing suites there are heaps of music loops included as well.

PTCX said:
You can import mp3 music loops and build a larger piece of music with them.
Music loops are mostly 5 to 30 seconds long and come in groups that can be edited together to make any number of different pieces of music to whatever length of time is required.
It's just like joining separate video clips together to make a longer video but with music clips instead.
Music loops can be purchased in bulk on CD and by download or as I said above there are freebies available for download in smaller groups called 8packs.The more of them you collect the wider the range of music you can make with them.
The paid for version of Acid Music Studio I currently use came with the Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 Imagination Suite but if you buy the paid version on it's own I think it comes with some music loops.
When you buy any of the Sony video editing suites there are heaps of music loops included as well.

Interesting, it's really a shame that my editor of choice (final cut pro) does not come with any music or at least I can't find them.

Final Cut Pro accesses sound folders, one of which is jingles, which have many short to long tunes. Also, GarageBand builds background music quickly and free.

Just noticed a new feature in yt, not sure if all accounts get this or only partner channels, there is a new "Creation Tools" section within the video manager section of your channel. Here there is now a selection of free to use music which you can download and add to your videos while editing outside of youtube.

dgq3.jpg

martcerv wrote
Just noticed a new feature in yt, not sure if all accounts get this or only partner channels, there is a new "Creation Tools" section within the video manager section of your channel. Here there is now a selection of free to use music which you can download and add to your videos while editing outside of youtube.

I'm not a partner and I noticed it had turned up last night.
It's a pretty quick and easy way to find a piece of music.
I don't know if you can monetize your videos if you add music from there though.With the Music Swap method YT had before you couldn't.

PTCX said:
I'm not a partner and I noticed it had turned up last night.
It's a pretty quick and easy way to find a piece of music.
I don't know if you can monetize your videos if you add music from there though.With the Music Swap method YT had before you couldn't.

I tried to find all conditions regarding monetizing videos with the music from there and couldnt see a yes or no, so I did up this quick little video as a test to see if it passes. It also has a logo on their but I have full permission to use that the only thing not mine in the video is the music. I have full permission to fly over this course and its private property and have access to all their logo's and graphics.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtCkU-_qY1A[/youtube]

Technically I cant monetize aerial videos as your not meant to be able to do any commercial aerial video without a proper licens, this is not a paid job or anything ;)

Its still quite a grey area regarding regular users monetizing aerial videos I think and there is no definite answer on that question. The funny thing is that if yt wont allow users to monetize any aerial video then on the same ruling they cant put their own advertisements on them so either no adds for anyone or allow users to monetize :lol: Win Win for all in that case as the money is not much but if they are going to put adds on anyway you may as well get your small cut if you can.

Ok just tested that video on yt and using music from the YT library in that section does allow you to also monetize the video. This looks to be the safest option for anyone creating videos if you dont want the audio to be a bit of an issue. However yt is far from consistent in what they pass and dont pass, I also did a v2 edit of that short video with a bit more subtle effect on the blurring. This is to test if its possible to upload to similar versions and not get yt to flag one of them as a copyright of the other on your own channel. I have had issues with videos I made in 2d and 3d with one of them usually getting noted as a possible copyright breach.

Captain Tobias said:
Try this site http://www.jamendo.com

Tracks are free for private use.

My favourite artist is Roger Subirana Mata

Cheers

I came across that site too but couldn't find actual background music. It seems like everything is actually songs with people singing. Am I looking at the wrong section?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers