Is anyone involved with making orthoplans?

Reaction score
Hello everyone;
I got P4P recently and looking forward making orthoplans. Anyone tried this? Google led me to Datu software, but I got problems contacting them.. So if you know any other ways to make orthoplans - I'd gladly accept your expeirence. I know that such kind of software costs solid pile of money, and I'm willing to spend some in case its worthy.
Thanks

Hello everyone;
I got P4P recently and looking forward making orthoplans. Anyone tried this? Google led me to Datu software, but I got problems contacting them.. So if you know any other ways to make orthoplans - I'd gladly accept your expeirence. I know that such kind of software costs solid pile of money, and I'm willing to spend some in case its worthy.
Thanks
Do you mean ortho photo? If so, have a look at dronedeploy (starts free) and also Dji GS pro which is free can can be used for capture.

Reactions: Pachakuti
Do you mean ortho photo? If so, have a look at dronedeploy (starts free) and also Dji GS pro which is free can can be used for capture.
I've checked DroneDeploy on playmarket, but it says that I need to upload photos on their web then. This is unacceptable for me, need a standalone stuff,
Thank you!

Anything short of uploading the pics to cloud-based software such as DroneDeploy will be costly in 2 regards. 1) the software & licensing 2) the hardware needed to run the software. Which is probably why its always cloud-based. Here's another:

Generate 2D and 3D information, purely from images with Pix4D

I've checked DroneDeploy on playmarket, but it says that I need to upload photos on their web then. This is unacceptable for me, need a standalone stuff,
Thank you!
They do the processing in cloud yes, but can download the results. There are several commercial options for local processing, but I am unfortunately not familiar with these.

Regardless of processing you need to do the capture, and only these two support this fully automated. You are then free do do with the captured pictures (which are geolocated) as you wish.

Last edited:
Pix4 looks promising, as cloud processing, I believe its cost and time efficient, but, however, I wont be able to use any cloud services due to policies (lets just leave it as it is)
Thanks!~

Pix4 looks promising, as cloud processing, I believe its cost and time efficient, but, however, I wont be able to use any cloud services due to policies (lets just leave it as it is)
Thanks!~
I assumed your reasoning for non-cloud was due to policies, I've been involved in similar such projects. Here's another tool to look at: Menci Software | 3D Map Software | Topography software | Image processing from Aerial, Drone and Close-range image
Please note that anything short of the cloud-based will have a steep learning curve associated with it.

Thanks, ill dig in it, learning is a handbrake here, but, if necessar, Ill give it a try.
If you don't want to use something like Dronedeploy (it's good but they haven't released the update to use the P4p yet), Agisoft Photoscan is the most commonly used software to process your own orthophotos.

Okay, Ill start with GSP for capturing and DroneDeploy for orthophoto, next ill do agisoft photoscan.
Thanks for the info!

It definitely falls into the "costly" category, but you may want to consider ESRI's Drone2Map solution also

Bump!
Downloaded DroneDeploy today on my android device (I've got Ipad aswel if that matters);
Checked its options, made a 20 acres map to photo with 100 meters height. It told me this will take around 9 minutes.
If anyone ever used this software, can you tell me:
1) If drone flies out of radio coverage, will it continue mission?
2) Can I use resulted photos aside from DroneDeploy cloud service?
3) Will it get back first to landing point and then start to descend, or will it move to landing with descending same time?
Thanks

fstop75, thanks, Ill take a look at Drone2Map!

Bump!
Downloaded DroneDeploy today on my android device (I've got Ipad aswel if that matters);
Checked its options, made a 20 acres map to photo with 100 meters height. It told me this will take around 9 minutes.
If anyone ever used this software, can you tell me:
3) Will it get back first to landing point and then start to descend, or will it move to landing with descending same time?
Thanks

fstop75, thanks, Ill take a look at Drone2Map!
1) not tried (good question)
2) in deed, georeferenced jpegs on sdcard
3) return, then decend. Go to s mode at any time to take over manually

Downloaded DroneDeploy today on my android device (I've got Ipad aswel if that matters)
DroneDeploy released their P4pro compatible iOS app last week but the Android version is still to be released.
Like a Litchi waypoint mission, the mission gets loaded to the Phantom and it goes and does it even if signal is lost.
Yes ... you can use most of the photogrammetry apps to fly the mission and control the photography.
What you do with the photos after that is up to you.
You can upload them to the service for processing or do it yourself if you have the ability to do that.
It works like RTH for the Phantom - it comes back at the level it was at and descends when it is above the home point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.