Does anyone have their new Vision+ yet?

PhilAnderson said:
dabe1971 said:
http://youtu.be/nTa86p6jQQs

Lots of props and landing gear in that video. Not sure if I like that...

The pilot said he was really pushing it, flying at near full speed. Given that, a bit of prop creepage is expected. ;)

for those that use Flytrex core. we should be able to use the same flytrex between phantoms and simply purchase another cable.
I hope that's the case anyway. :)

Skipholiday said:
for those that use Flytrex core. we should be able to use the same flytrex between phantoms and simply purchase another cable.
I hope that's the case anyway. :)
How much for a new cable. Do we need to order from Flytrex?? Thanks

I took mine out just to calibrate the compass before the sun goes down. I went through the Quick Start Guide, and the next step was takeoff, so I just started the props and gave it some throttle......worked my way through some of the Flight Training exercises and then shut it down before trying anything crazy the first time out.
I have nothing to compare it to and I didn't try using the camera......maybe tomorrow. Wow, this is way cool! It doesn't fly itself, but it does what you tell it to do. Now I just need to learn what to tell it.......I need lots more practice! Regular practice. :D

Mori55 said:
Think it's a good idea to fly around those ballons ?
you have to be smart about it. Stay off in the distance, not too close and stay up wind in the opposite direction that they are all going. Do all the normal pre-flight checks and calibration (before putting on the props to avoid a possible flyaway right at the start)

I did get a chance to fly it today - WOW - this 3 axis gimbal is STABLE. When you are just hovering in one spot the video looks paused because it's so stable, you think something is wrong with your video player. I don't have my H3-3d yet but this Vision+ 3rd axis blows away the stability of my H3-2D. As I stated in another thread, the landing gear is a little taller, not a big deal. Less than half an inch.

Also noticed a new small blinking indicator light on the bottom of the Phantom separate from the normal 4 lights, will have to research what that means.

I don't see any video out port on the camera, so not sure how you would get video to a Lightbridge like some people seem to want to. Just a MicroSD Card slot (4GB SanDisk Card comes already installed), red recording indicator light on the front, and a Micro USB to access images from the camera.

Adam said:
Mine was delivered about two hours ago. I may not get to fly it tonight but will try to knock out a preview video with initial thoughts by late tonight.

Any requests? What do you guys want to see?

I would like to download an original video footage sample, not from Youtube (bad compression) if possible.

Thanks.

I have a feeling today we will start to see some deliverys. Woo hoo! I'm excited and jealous at the same time.

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens

Adam said:
I did get a chance to fly it today - WOW - this 3 axis gimbal is STABLE. When you are just hovering in one spot the video looks paused because it's so stable, you think something is wrong with your video player. I don't have my H3-3d yet but this Vision+ 3rd axis blows away the stability of my H3-2D. As I stated in another thread, the landing gear is a little taller, not a big deal. Less than half an inch.

Also noticed a new small blinking indicator light on the bottom of the Phantom separate from the normal 4 lights, will have to research what that means.

I don't see any video out port on the camera, so not sure how you would get video to a Lightbridge like some people seem to want to. Just a MicroSD Card slot (4GB SanDisk Card comes already installed), red recording indicator light on the front, and a Micro USB to access images from the camera.

Adam are you having any of the problems with V3 firmware or the required new DJI app (1.0.39) that others we're having with the P2V?

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31