Does anyone else get the shakes?

Reaction score
I have discovered that after about 25 minutes of continuous flight time I start to get the shakes. I am 36 years old and I get the shakes!!! Does anyone else experience this and if so what causes it? Or am I just crazy?

I have familial tremors so I always shake :)

Reactions: Droneted
After 25 minutes of flight time you're probably nervous that the battery is about to expire, and it's the nerves that are giving you the shakes!!

I get the shakes and a back ache but that is because I have had back surgery and standing that long puts stress on my lower back. If I fly for ten minutes it is long enough for me.

OverheadAerial said:
It's not when I first start. It's after I've been flying for about 25 minutes so I don't think it's nerves. I don't know what carpal tunnel is...

Sounds like you just need to pack a granola bar for a snack when you go out flying.

A bit hard to poke at the app screen is it? Some where between cold climate and nerves. Been there.
I was real nervous when I first flew the P3. My sole experience with RC flight was with my squirrel of a helicopter. It's always headed for a tree.

One or two flights a day and some recharge time in between and you get a lot more confident.
Just take your time.

Sometimes, but that's only when it's well below zero and I'm underdressed for the occasion.

I to got the shakes the first time I saw my P3 hover off the ground. Maybe you could get one of those leashes you hook to the remote to let your hands rest when you get the shakes.

I think it is a neuromuscular problem. try taking a break after your first flight, and holding the transmitter in a different position. Try to see if it is positional.

As light as the tx is, you may actually be getting muscle fatigue from standing in the same position. You can try some weight training.

First try moving around, and moving the position you are trying to hold the tx in.

If it continues to get worse, see a doctor. I am not kidding.

It is likely nothing.

I know this because I have had some neuro damage in the past.

I get shakes in my left hand when I am coming in for a landing. However for me, I know what it is. It is the neuro damage coupled with holding my thumb and body in the same position.

Some training will probably alleviate the problem. I don't mean this as a cut, but it could just be you are a little "weak" in that position, and your body gets fatigued.

Think of yoga, and how fatigued people get when standing in the same position... If you don't know about yoga, ask someone, or try it and you will see.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic