Does anyone else feel lost here?

Whiteram said:
Why are we still looking to "Adam" for a response.? Adam is fictitious. It's a software string. In order to start a forum, there needs to be at least one registered user., hence Adam. If the software required 2, the second would be "eve". First and foremost, we need to establish who really created the forum. Adam is fictitious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop talking nonsense...

Primary account is always listed first on PHPBB...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 373
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 380
evidently...some of us need to practice what we preach...

The real "Adam" answer is in the forums..Its buried deep...but if you look, you will find it....

I don't think anyone could foresee the huge number of people who would flock to the forum after the vision and P2 came out. All these people would show up and post without searching. It moves good threads to new pages and clutters things. I really like that RCgroups has a huge long thread of just the P2 and the vision and everything else. Makes it much easier to follow along. You bookmark the last page you read and come back to it later like you are reading a novel. I only come on here now to see the classified and will pop in to a section at random. The only way to improve the forum is to establish moderators and I don't think Adam is ready to give up that control quite yet.

I could see another forum appearing that could draw members away. I was on a car forum for a long time that had the same issues, someone opened a forum just like it but with better layouts and moderators; everyone moved over. At least everyone that had good input moved over. I'd love to see a new forum come around and have the strong members here move there. Skip out on the people who have 3 or 4 posts and have been members since 2013 and only asked "how come I can't get my prop guards to install".

Not so sure we need mods, I think a FAQ and a decent search are in order though. as for the "other forum" I say good luck to it but not for me, it already sounds very strict and "a place for everything and everything in its place" kinda takes the fun out of it, ya know?
Also what tends to happen is whats posted there will end up here, and whats posted here will end up there so we wont miss anything anyway but like I say I wish them well and hope they have great success, although there does seem like a lot of adverts for the place posted here...
As for the newbies, cant they just be directed to a FAQ ? personally speaking I have never needed to ask anything (yet), a little search usually works so yes by all means sort the search out, remember we were all new once, all this talk of repetitive questions reminds me of this..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOYpFhxEptE[/youtube]

I'm addicted to this forum. My only problem is trying to stop from compulsively checking it every 5 seconds

Shrimpfarmer said:
So six days later how can anyone report any progress and Adams thoughts on this ?

Not heard anything or seen anything.

I asked but no response. He did respond to a PM a while ago on another subject.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

I reckon a Newbie sub forum with a series of stickys would clear the clutter. Just 1 Newbie section to cover all Phantoms but perhaps the stickys could be headed to cover the different versions.

Been on this forum about a year, and lost count of the posts I've seen "where can I buy a Phantom"- meaning guess where I am on the planet and then guess which Phantom.

My problem with moving from this forum is that I have learnt which members are worth listening too, the OP being just one- and I can recognise the JustSomeGuy aliases.

Stickies and FAQ and search features and newbie forums are all great ideas but they all have one critical flaw, they require people to read. The majority of the questions on here are answered in manual. Hell the new ones even have a how to fly manual that answers a ton more questions. People don't read the manual, the look at the getting started part on how to turn it on and start the props but once the props start spinning it's like they abandon all common sense and stop reading. Someone who wants to get an answer isn't going to read, they are just going to post the question.

There are some pretty good threads on the forum and then there are the rest of the threads which are really just the same questions asked over and over. You will find a "help installing prop guard" question in the news section and a "another drone in the news article" under the help section. It reminds me of my college room mate. He had zero organization. For shits and giggles this past week I watched one of the sections. As soon as a question was pushed down off the first page, someone asked the exact same question. Scroll in four pages, the question is asked there too. And again 6 pages in.

It's gotten to the point to where it's a pain to help anyone and unless it looks interesting to me, I'm not going to bother looking and very little is looking interesting these days. That's not how you want a forum. You want your experienced people helping the new folks. One reason why I like the 900+ page threads on the rcgroups forum, everyone reads your post and you have a world of advice and knowledge available to you. This forum started out great but just like anything, unless it adapt to the changes of life, it will not survive.

+ a bazzilion

It's not just newbies. Some people are just too lazy and would rather post a question and let someone else do the leg work for them rather than looking themselves.

Sometime I just want to:-
slap.gif

I don't find myself lost but like all new forums this one has reached a point that requires more mods for it's success. Too many people don't search and just keep posting the same questions. I have reached a point of not even looking at them all anymore cause how many times can tell people that the aftermarket props suck for example.

While this is the case I find it disrespectful that some one would start a thread like this, tell everyone he's done, point them to another sight only to find out he is one of the mods of the sight. Just my 2 cent.

This is a seriously ironic thread. What's happening on this forum is what happens on every forum. It's how the internet works. Complaining about it makes you look like a noob who hasn't bothered to do any homework.

Eos630 said:
This is a seriously ironic thread. What's happening on this forum is what happens on every forum. It's how the internet works. Complaining about it makes you look like a noob who hasn't bothered to do any homework.
Really? How many other forums do you frequent that have NO moderatos, an admin who rarely visits a partially set up forum? :roll:

tbh, it doesnt help that certain search terms are blocked "naza" for instance.
Then when you try to modify it "naza-m", it doesnt find anything.

The search engine on this forum sucks :(

C-Mac13 said:
I don't find myself lost but like all new forums this one has reached a point that requires more mods for it's success. Too many people don't search and just keep posting the same questions. I have reached a point of not even looking at them all anymore cause how many times can tell people that the aftermarket props suck for example.

While this is the case I find it disrespectful that some one would start a thread like this, tell everyone he's done, point them to another sight only to find out he is one of the mods of the sight. Just my 2 cent.

Err when you have sunk as much effort as I have into helping people on this forum then maybe I will listen to you. I started this debate months before I went to the other place. I am a moderator there as I believe in practicing what I preach and I thank the guy who has created it for trying his absolute best to create a well structured resource.

C-Mac13 said:

you mean SITE not SIGHT.
site is short for website and sight is done with your eyes.

at least make your two cents show that you finished the 3rd grade.

you even went back and edited your post 3 minutes later..... how did you miss that?

HoverShot said:
Seems to me that what Adam needs is help, not criticism.
Time and time again, help has been offered by folks who have been significant contributors here. They don't even get the courtesy of a response. Of course that's is completely Adam's decision, it is his forum to "run" as he sees fit. The notion that the more knowledgeable members may get frustrated and look elsewhere is evidently a risk he's willing to take.

Shrimpfarmer said:
I have done my bit here ...
For those who have been on board here for a while, they understand that Shrimpfarmer has contributed quite a bit to this forum. He certainly has earned the right to express his opinion ... much more so than any number of other posters who have offered little but taken much.

C-Mac13 said:
Perhaps a reasonable perspective on the surface, however, Adam has pretty much set the tone here. Over time he has been offered help by several of the major contributors (read folks with help to give), has been beseeched by more than a few members for minimal(?) improvements, and has declined to provide even the courtesy of responding. That is also disrespectful. The forum is his and his alone, but it has become what it is because of its members ... some acknowledgement thereof is certainly warranted. As it has not been forthcoming, loyalty has not been earned, and it ought not be expected. Posters like Shrimpfarmer have had much to do with making it valuable, and so are entitled to having their say here.

As for myself, I will frequent both forums (and others) until one or the other no longer holds my interest ... such is the nature of "leisure time".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl