Does anybody know if the latest DJI Go works with Nexus 7?

Reaction score
I can get a Nexus 7 (Asus) cheap, and that would fit me well in size for my P3P. But has anybody tested that tablet with the latest version of the DJI Go app? I have been using my Samsung Note II (phone, not tab) until now, but annoyingly enough it stopped showing FPV video on the latest version of the app. My S5 works, but it's so **** small!

I can get a Nexus 7 (Asus) cheap, and that would fit me well in size for my P3P. But has anybody tested that tablet with the latest version of the DJI Go app? I have been using my Samsung Note II (phone, not tab) until now, but annoyingly enough it stopped showing FPV video on the latest version of the app. My S5 works, but it's so **** small!
I first tried the Nexus 7 Gen 1 and that reported the the GO app was not supported. When I did get it working by downloading the GO app, the lag was terrible. I now use a Nexus 7 Gen 2 2013 and it is perfect. Gen 2 is the one you want.

The Nexus turned out to be generation one. I got back from a weekend trip yesterday, and on it I bought an Acer Iconia One 7 Saturday (one of the cheapest 7" tablets for sale in Norway), and that works great too! :) I have no idea about how much lag there is in milliseconds (I saw somebody tested that, but I have no idea how), but I would guesstimate less than half a second. That should do it for me, as long as I don't go to crazy, which I'm far too fres as a pilot to do.

How do you get the DJI Software onto a Nexus 7, without getting it through the Google Play? I have a Nexus 7 (2012) and I was gifted a P2V, and had to install that other one.. liloth or whatever it's called, because the DJI software wouldn't load. What did I miss?

Sideloading. Get the APK from somewhere, put it on the unit an open it with ES File Explorer or something similar. Then it will install. You only need to have "Unknown Sources" in Settings, Security.

I am using nexus 7 gen 2 but will lose connection with drone after a few minutes any tips,suggestions.

Hey - rcdrph3 - did you managed to fix the lose connection with drone using nexus 7 2012? I also have same problem. Anyone have suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues