does anybody know if a samsung tablet will work on a phantom3

I was about to purchase a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 w/16 GB to use with my Phantom 3 Advanced. Your comment has given me pause to reconsider. What might be better and in the same price range? I only plan to use the device with the Phantom 3 Advanced and need something that is basically plug and play with no disappointments.

By the way after downgrading the Tab S from my rooted Lollipop I did selective updates and Samsung has pushed Lollipop to the Tab S 8.4 users !

So back to Lollipop.

Disabled every possible Google thing like Hangouts, etc so I wont be getting update warnings for those. Just Play Services

The Air 2 worked perfectly but I just couldn't bring myself to keep an Apple product.

:D

My Galaxy tab 3 is now lagging so bad, I cannot fly over about 6 minutes. This happened when I went to 1.2.0, so I went back to 1.1.0, and it still does it. After about 6 minutes, it freezes up in all aspects. It worked just fine before I went to 1.2.0.

A few days ago I got the Phantom 3, and yet have to find myself a smartphone or tablet , so for the moment I am 'borrowing' a Tab 3. It wants you to unblock USB updating or something, otherwise the app wouldnt work.

Flew a few times now (still in beginners mode) and the app works reasonably well on this Tab 3, though the video link is a bit laggy, sometimes worse than other moments. Changing settings in the app requires a bit of patience waiting for the phone to 'register' but it works. So far it did not freeze on me.

What I want to say is that I still have to update the firmware, I am still flying it 'out of the box',
the Tab 3 is working for me while I am still using firmware 1.1.0, but I can't say this Tab 3 is working super well.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmosMoses
Well for one go into the app settings. There is a spot that shows channels and strength and you can choose custom. Move slider clear to left. I think it's 4 from the default 8. They also say locking it to channel 20 can help too.

Bought a Galaxy Tab S this week but ended up returning it today. Apparently it used to work great but now it just extremely lags with the app. Replaced it for an HTC Nexus 9 which has a Tegra K1 processor, same as the Nvidia Shield. Have yet to test it though.

I did the whole downgrade google services thing and turned off google maps too. Tested it and flew 2 batteries worth with minimal lag like it used to. Rest of the tablet works fine. I don't use maps on my wifi tablet anyhow. The processor is fine, it's totally a shorty google play services.

Reactions: louforgiveno
I switched this week from an iPad Air to a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4". And I'm so glad I did!
Better screen resolution, and with built-in GPS ....
Did you have any trouble connecting ? I am having a hell of a time. Thanks

I had no issues with the Samsung Tab3, until I updated to the DJI Go 2.0.1. I have also updated to 1.3.20 on the P3P and RC. Now I loose signal at 1,000 feet out, and the app crashes. I can't get the app to reload, so I just have to fly back by sight, or RTH. I need to completely remove the app and all folders, then reload, and still have the same issue. So now I am grounded. I might need to sell the whole Phantom and go with something else.

No ... no trouble connecting at all. You've got your lightbridge cable connected to the RC right?

Yes. If the 'lightbridge cable' is the white one (supplied with P3P running from the Tablet to the USB of the RC.

I've downloaded the latest DJI Go, (2.0.1)

Updated the software on the quad - got 'success' text file.

Have Samsung Tab S 8.4 (which a lot of others have used successfully)

But am unable to get into pilot app when I turn on controller, quad and then connect the tablet to the controller.

In the 'Connect your Aircraft' process when I go to tap 'Equipment' logo nothing happens

Any help? About to give up and take back to retailer.

USB debugging turned on? It needs to be. Might revoke the USB privileges and add again.

I've got the Samsung p350 16gb 8inch?mine works fine only had a problem once where it crashes

I have a Samsung Tab Pro 8.4.

My advice? Don't waste your time on Samsung stuff. They fill it to the brim with bloatware and you can't just uninstall it. You have to root your device and go through quite a process trying to optimize it. It's just a headache and when I did it, I (temporarily) bricked my device! All this BS just to get rid of Samsung Crap they force you to run.

After all this, the lag is ok, about 300ms. But the video still stutters and it's not a pleasant experience, not as good as it could be. Additionally, I have to restart the tablet between every flight or I risk the DJI app crashing during the 2nd flight.

So...

I tried my best to stay away from Apple but ended up wasting quite a lot of hours researching and optimizing and I'm still not getting a great experience.

I had no issues with the Samsung Tab3, until I updated to the DJI Go 2.0.1. I have also updated to 1.3.20 on the P3P and RC. Now I loose signal at 1,000 feet out, and the app crashes. I can't get the app to reload, so I just have to fly back by sight, or RTH. I need to completely remove the app and all folders, then reload, and still have the same issue. So now I am grounded. I might need to sell the whole Phantom and go with something else.
Good morning to all...p3p w/galaxy tab 8.4 (with no history of concerns)...I just updated my p3p and controller to the latest firmware...and the DJI pilot app has started shutting down during mid flight...I tried downloading the new pilot app (don't, now you have to got through the dji store/ads, to get to your camera)... on to my galaxy phone with no change...I believe the problem is with the new firmware...I've downloaded the previous firmware back into the p3p, but I can't get the controller to accept the previous firmware...I will try it again later and let you know what happens...not to happy with dji customer service...been waiting 4 weeks for pre-paid hdmi module to arrive...pete

Pls make sure that your tablet has the ability to afford 4K videos. Otherwise, I am afraid that you need to downsize 4K to 1080p for playing on tablet. Good luck!
I doubt more than a handful of people care about 4k on a tablet. Just good smooth 720 fpv

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4