does anybody know if a samsung tablet will work on a phantom3

I have the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 ... had some of the framerate issues at first but used some of the tips here and on the XDA Tab S forum and now it's rockin smooth and clean.

Rooted... cleaned out a buttload of bloatware... downgraded Google play services... select option to kill all backround processes in developer options... knock all animations down to "0" speed... make sure power saving mode is turned off... run connection on channel 20 and 4mbps... (I'm probly forgetting some stuff)

Also noticed if I run a mobile Hotspot on my phone and connect the tablet to it while running the app... the app runs much better/smoother.

I also bought one a few weeks ago. Seems like a powerful tab for the $. What version of firmware and app are you using? The latest?

I still have 1.1.9 firmware and the older app. Wondering if the issue is with the newest stuff as an earlier person said he had no problems with this tab other then battery lif.
Yes, I'm using the latest firmware and app. But like I said, as long as I only run the pilot app, it's all smooth. It lags only if I do live streaming or screen recording.

I am having a few Tab S issues as well. Today I got disconnected before taking off. I thought I would launch it and hover and see it came back. Something was wrong and appeared I was flying ATTI even though I had 12 satellites.

Only way I got rid it it was landing, powering off the P3 and back on. It was ready to fly with satellites again. I took off and flew about a mile and starting losing connectivity. Did a RTH and then took control half way back. Got the disconnected message again and long latency with maxed out signal strengths. When I say latency I am talking 30 seconds ! The disconnected message never went away.

Once everything is recharged I am going to try it with my phone and see if its different.

When its good its good.... When it falls apart is really bad !

I am having a few Tab S issues as well. Today I got disconnected before taking off. I thought I would launch it and hover and see it came back. Something was wrong and appeared I was flying ATTI even though I had 12 satellites.

Only way I got rid it it was landing, powering off the P3 and back on. It was ready to fly with satellites again. I took off and flew about a mile and starting losing connectivity. Did a RTH and then took control half way back. Got the disconnected message again and long latency with maxed out signal strengths. When I say latency I am talking 30 seconds ! The disconnected message never went away.

Once everything is recharged I am going to try it with my phone and see if its different.

When its good its good.... When it falls apart is really bad !
My experience with the Tab S was the same.
I initially bought the iPad Air 2 even though it went against years of personal discontent for Apple. The Air 2 worked perfectly but I just couldn't bring myself to keep an Apple product. I returned the Air 2 and picked up the Tab S 8.4 because the hardware specs just crush the iPad.
The Tab S worked really good on the first couple of flights BUT quickly started to give me problems. By problems I mean it became completely unusable! Constant lag to the point it would just freeze up and have to be restarted just to freeze up again after a few minutes. Even doing factory resets made no difference!
Last night I had my wife take it back and get me an iPad Air 2 again....I don't know what the hell is going on with android and google or maybe DJI but whoever screwed up the app really screwed it up big time! I tried 4 different Android devices all with the same results. Great for a few flights then BAM! Crap.....
Guess I'm stuck with the iPad for now as much as it gives me a terrible knot in my gut, at least I can fly without getting PO'd every few minutes and putting my P3 at risk.

Reactions: flax
Yes on my Tab S 8.4 LTE

Turn off android security monitoring under security

Roll back and uninstall google play updates

If battery gets below a certain level the processor will throttle back

Last edited:
I have rooted and went to Lollipop. I am thinking about rolling it back as I think the OTA real version is coming soon.

I have lollipop on my Tab S 8.4 AT&T LTE works fine

Unfortunately you can not root ATT as they have root blockers

So what setting exactly under security? I have updates turned off. As @AmosMoses said mine started off fine. But not good right now !

Screenshot_2015-06-28-10-59-44.png
So what setting exactly under security? I have updates turned off. As @AmosMoses said mine started off fine. But not good right now !

Settings, securty, device administrator, android device manager, uncheck it

Thanks. I will check that out. I think I am still going to go back to stock Rom !

Rolling back the play services helped a little bit but then the tablet becomes annoying with all the warnings and will eventually start to crash. At least that was my experience.

I don't know about rooting and different rom's since I wanted to leave myself the option to return it it things didn't work out.
I tried every other work around that has been suggested (except rooting) and they either cause the tablet to "misbehave" or just didn't work in my case. The fixes that did "help" only worked for a few flights but the issues would eventually creep back.

The whole thing just erks me to no end though! There is no reason for us to have to do all this crap to our devices just to run ONE app!! Completely armature league in my opinion regardless of who's at fault.

My Galaxy tab 3 is now lagging so bad, I cannot fly over about 6 minutes. This happened when I went to 1.2.0, so I went back to 1.1.0, and it still does it. After about 6 minutes, it freezes up in all aspects. It worked just fine before I went to 1.2.0.

Read my post above and profit
or do nothing and fail....
The reason it used to be fine is because it has NOTHING to do with the firmware or app or OS.....it is the GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES service causing the lag....
follow the above steps and after don't update any your google apps ...ie Map, Gmail Hangouts etc .....if you want them updated update them before doing the google play service rollback.

Reactions: rrmccabe
What post?
Sorry...brain fart

here the info

Have you tried downgrading 'google play services' as a workaround?:

1. 'Play Store' app > Settings > Auto-update apps > "Do not..." to turn off automatic updating

2. 'Settings' app> Security > Device Administrators" and uncheck/deactivate "Android Device Manager" as a device administrator

3. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL (scroll right if needed to see this option) > Google Play Services > Disable (or Uninstall)... then choose to uninstall any updates from the stock version when prompted.

4. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL > Google Play Services > Enable ....this will enable the older stock version of google play services

Ignore future upgrade requests for Google Maps etc as that will upgrade Google Play Services also. (until there is a proper fix from DJI)

After doing this your Google Play Service should be version 6.7.*.*

Read my post above and profit
or do nothing and fail....
The reason it used to be fine is because it has NOTHING to do with the firmware or app or OS.....it is the GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES service causing the lag....
follow the above steps and after don't update any your google apps ...ie Map, Gmail Hangouts etc .....if you want them updated update them before doing the google play service rollback.
This still doesn't fix the problem......Not to mention the fact that it will start to cause all sorts of different problems with the device and any other app that you might use...So, it's a fail,fail fix with no "profit" whatever that means.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl