Does anybody have a P2V (not Plus) camera or wifi board 3 for sale?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My P2V looks like it's been killed by either an update or sitting too long without firing up (depending on who you listen to)... either way, I don't want to throw away a perfectly good drone which is capable of doing what I want to do.. it's only had about a dozen flights and seems such a waste.

So, does anybody have a "egg" FC-200 camera for sale or a Wifi module board from inside the camera (board 3?) or even if anybody offers flashing the P2V board with the new firmware (which I believe fixes the problem?).

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

TIA Baz

Excellent, thanks Dirk. Im already missing being able to fly. Since becoming disabled, it's a great way for me to "get out and about" without actually doing so :) Appreciate your reply.

Reactions: dirkclod
@BazzaUK

Are you in the U.K., I've not got a camera for sale as such but I've a lot of experience with these units, and I do own a P2V ( pimped to the max) you can send it to me to have a look at it for you if you want

@BazzaUK

Are you in the U.K., I've not got a camera for sale as such but I've a lot of experience with these units, and I do own a P2V ( pimped to the max) you can send it to me to have a look at it for you if you want
@crash1sttime

That's really kind of you, thanks. I am in the U.K. in Cheshire, so not a million miles away. In fact I travel to the Manchester Aviation Park every Sunday and it only takes me around 25 mins. Would you need the whole thing or just the camera (which is currently in pieces). Where in Mancs are you? May be easier for me to meet you, if that suited you? Thanks again.

Last edited:
@crash1sttime

That's really kind of you, thanks. I am in the U.K. in Cheshire, so not a million miles away. In fact I travel to the Manchester Aviation Park every Sunday and it only takes me around 25 mins. Would you need the whole thing or just the camera (which is currently in pieces). Where in Mancs are you? May be easier for me to meet you, if that suited you? Thanks again.

@BazzaUK

I'm in Sale mate, not a million miles away as you say, i would need the camera and your range extender preferably in one piece though, I can use my P2V to test the unit, JDot has (I hope) some spare boards so if it's faulty I may be able to get a spare part.

@J Dot , have you any number 3 boards mate ?

Last edited:
Reactions: BazzaUK
Hey Guys,
Sorry been busy, I can help.
Pm coming your way @BazzaUK

J Dot
:cool:

Thanks Crash & Dirk, for the alerts! :)
Hello J Dot,

Last year september 2016 my PV2 vision camera broke down due to famous extender update (was in contact with you). Could buy a new egg camera and it worked fine. I got my live video stream back. Did not use my bird for serveral months. Last sunday charged my batteries and fired up my drone. AGAIN no live video. Everything works. Can fly, can take pictures and movies but no live video. I did not see any messages of an update for the wifi extender. I hope that it is not the same problem. Could it be that my Android app was updated again and caused the same problem? Is there anyway to check if the board is still OK?
If it is broke again I am not going to buy a new egg camera again. Then it will be my last Dji product.

Thanks for your advise

Sometimes when they sit the extender loses memory, and a simple rebinding will fix it, sometimes you have to try a few times to get it to work, if still no, then there is an internal issue!
Let me know?

J Dot

Thanks for your fast response.
Yesterday I already tried to reset the WiFi extender and camera. Did a rebind but it did not help. I will try a few times more. Why is there a folder in my Android device with the name DJI_Rangeextender. In this folder there is a file sysupgrade.bin. Could this be the origin of my problem?

Not sure why folder with sys upgrade is there?
And I never researched android or android version of apps from dji, but did research iOS app issues, and found a couple versions with forced upgrade, causing burnout for some, where others were successful? Some are claiming they have reflashed the boards firmware and fixed the problem, claiming no burnout but rather upgrade failure of some sort causing component conflict. Sounds legit, but no one has shown or offered proof of this, or even explain how to do the ref lash! So I don't know? Others have tried to reinstall fc200 firmware via SD card, and problem solved. Others NO DICE! So I'd definitely explore EVERY option avail to you, on these boards, and YouTube, obviously you can't break it, as it is already broken, and if no than try to fix or replace the camera. Wish I was more help with android, but I'm just not familiar with them, my wife has one, and I'm like a caveman on it, but my iPhone, GREASE LIGHTNING! ;)

Hope this helps!

J Dot

Again many thanks. I will try the to update the firmware of the camera. This is the second camera that looses the live video.
And if I look on the internet this seems to be a serious problem. I really don't understand that DJI gives more help.
I will keep you informed.

Reactions: J Dot
Guys I have a brand new in the box Fc200 Camera egg, I bought it and never used it . I paid £299.00 for it but I am open to offers, I also have a original RC for the P2 vision and a wifi module, all now not needed as I reluctly sold my P2V. I am in the UK.

Flack

Reactions: J Dot
Is the wifi module a RANGE EXTENDER, or internal wifi unit for the plus!

Just wanted to clear that up!
Thanks!

And A+ for offering our members it, first! Very cool!

J Dot

Hi guys, I have a p2 with no fpv. It appeared after a long layoff and I think I have read every thread relating to this problem. I still had telemetry etc, it was just fpv missing, but I have now carried out instructions given by dji support which included resetting the RE, and now can't even rebind. So now I don't even have telemetry or positional info. Is there any way to test the RE and FC200 seperately to identify which is the problem. There is so much confusing info around concerning RE firmware up dates or wifi board burnouts etc etc. There has got to be a common connection somewhere. Any help would be welcome.

This may help,

You'll need android device, and InSSIDer app!

J Dot

This will let you know if the wifi boards are transmitting ! ( do bird by itself look for Mac addy ( 60:60:1f:??:??:?? ) write down Mac and make sure it's the same as the one you used the to rebind with

Then run extender ( look for Mac addy here again , make sure this addy matches sticker Mac on extender!

Also when resetting extender, turn it on wait 45 seconds, press and hold button until system light come on , or 3-5 seconds, then release, turn on bird and allow extender to reboot, then see if you see phantom network in your phone wifi list!
( if there are 2, use the correct one, matching sticker on extender back cover! )

J Dot

Thanks for that J dot. Really useful. Everything seemed to work out with the wfi binding, but I still don't fpv. If the wifi board in question is in the fc200 camera, has anyone just replaced that board, and if so where can you get one.
This problem is so widespread among the phantoms vision and vision plus. The trouble is, there are so many conflicting pieces of information on the forum, it is not an easy to follow trail.
Biggest problem is postings that are not identifying their comments are referring to a p2 vision or a p2 vision plus. Very confusing. I guess the question I have is if I replace the fc200 camera on my vision (not plus). Will my problem be resolved. Alternatively, is it possible to replace or repair the wifi board in the camera.

Hello
Usually board 3 ( vision non plus ) is the issue, I've replaced board 3 and viola' it works!
They are extremely hard to find,
I've exhausted all my connections, locally, but your best bet is ( repair shops ) camera, or drone shops!

As Mac addy is hidden on these cameras, several have perfectly working units, but no Mac addy, so they sell as bad or damaged units, others just replace the cameras, no questions asked !
So if you can find a crashed camera ( physical damage ) you might find a working board 3, even though camera is damaged! As the repair shops throw them in a bin, or in the trash!

Now a guy on eBay is selling 10 referbished ones for $99 ( not a bad price )

Hope this helps
On the plus cameras the gimbal main board is the issue, if wifi module is working!

Mostly caused by extender upgrade through vision app!

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4