Does any SMA mount work with AVL58?

Reaction score
The DJI branded ones are too darn expensive and I'm getting the AVL58 Transmitter only which doesn't include the cloverleafs.

Was wondering if anything would be ok as long as the mounts were the same.

I was looking into getting this one instead of the DJI ones.

UrAwFuL said:
The DJI branded ones are too darn expensive and I'm getting the AVL58 Transmitter only which doesn't include the cloverleafs.

Anything will work. Remember tho that the AVL58 is RP-SMA. If you buy SMA then you will need adapters.

d4ddyo said:
UrAwFuL said:

Anything will work. Remember tho that the AVL58 is RP-SMA. If you buy SMA then you will need adapters.

Good to know! Thanks!

But according to B&H Photo.. it's SMA. :?

UrAwFuL said:
d4ddyo said:
UrAwFuL said:

Good to know! Thanks!

But according to B&H Photo.. it's SMA. :?

I have the AVL-58... RP-SMA is a type of SMA plug LOL. Take a look at your AVL-58. Translate the Picture to help you find adapters: Plug=Male. Jack=Female

Attachments

• SMA-RP-SMA-Connector.jpg
    SMA-RP-SMA-Connector.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 435
Hahaha, I don't have it yet so I don't really have a reference. LOL. I saw that picture though!

I initially wanted to get another brand of antennas since if I got the AVL-58 TX only then it doesn't comes with one.

Right now I'm bidding on a used AVL-58 TX/RX, iOSD Mini, and FPV Hub on eBay so I guess I rendered this topic slightly irrelevant. But actually it might be good still though for future references. ;)

UrAwFuL said:
Hahaha, I don't have it yet so I don't really have a reference. LOL. I saw that picture though!

I initially wanted to get another brand of antennas since if I got the AVL-58 TX only then it doesn't comes with one.

Right now I'm bidding on a used AVL-58 TX/RX, iOSD Mini, and FPV Hub on eBay so I guess I rendered this topic slightly irrelevant. But actually it might be good still though for future references. ;)

why is it irrelevant. You still need antennae. Unless the used one has antennae. If you are interested I have a pair of Fatshark Spironets that I used once... they didn't give me the range I wanted and I'd let them go for half + shipping.

d4ddyo said:
UrAwFuL said:

why is it irrelevant. You still need antennae. Unless the used one has antennae. If you are interested I have a pair of Fatshark Spironets that I used once... they didn't give me the range I wanted and I'd let them go for half + shipping.

Yeah, the eBay listing I'm bidding on comes with the stock antennas. I'll keep in mind your offer though. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj