Does a Trackimo 2g still work? What about 2g shutdownm

Reaction score
Need a GPS tracker, but I read that the original Trackimo ($99) uses 2g, as do other similar GPS trackers ($45-$65). And folks are saying that 2g is being shutdown Jan 1 2017. Others say there is a 3 gear exgention...what's the truth?

I would rather buy a less expensive GPS tracker (such as the trsckimo 2g or an other model and my own sim in stead of trackimos 3g unit at $140 and $5 a month for a 3g model.

I'm still using this 2G XGPS TK109B tracker with T-mobile SIM and it still works great since they don't shut it down until 2020.
bedf5b0e6d3ddf86cb5ca844839e4513.jpg

Reactions: jakobe75
I'm still using this 2G XGPS TK109B tracker with T-mobile SIM and it still works great since they don't shut it down until 2020.

Good to know, I may checkout this device. Was looking at a trackimo or a rf-v16 originally.
bedf5b0e6d3ddf86cb5ca844839e4513.jpg

I'm still using a trackimo 2G and it's flawless. Best Investment I spent for my drone

Neon Euc

Trakimo 3G 1 yr free service is $99 up here in stores-cheaper on fleabay mine works great

Trackimo.jpg

Trakimo 3G 1 yr free service is $99 up here in stores-cheaper on fleabay mine works great

View attachment 72770

Where?
I can only.find the 2g for $99

3g is all $139 and higher then $5/month with a limit on messages after a year.

$139/ $5 a month is too steep for throttled sim monitoring.

I got mine for about £20. The £5 a month is not needed per month. It's free tracking for a year. Only reason why you need to put £5 a month on there is to send a text to it as it will send you the location back. But I don't use that as the GPS tells me where it is anyway

Neon Euc

I got mine for about £20. The £5 a month is not needed per month. It's free tracking for a year. Only reason why you need to put £5 a month on there is to send a text to it as it will send you the location back. But I don't use that as the GPS tells me where it is anyway

Neon Euc

When you buy it new, the 1st year is free. But you have to pay $5 monthly service charge for the SIM card using GSM network to report real time GPS position of the device after the 1st year. There is no way around it.
The additional charge to increase monthly limit of SMS text alerts is different and optional since they only give you 10 texts per month. You don't really need it because you can get alerts by emails for free.
b6a88bcba3792eec9b9187e573f24295.jpg

I have had mine for 2½ months now and only added £5 just the once when I first got it. I never paid again and I still get real time gps tracking.

Neon Euc

I assume you bought it used and it might have some free months left. But that would be cool if you would not have to pay the monthly fee after the 1st year.

I assume you bought it used and it might have some free months left. But that would be cool if you would not have to pay the monthly fee after the 1st year.
My bad... This is the tracking device I use. Price I quoted was also wrong. Sorry about that. But it's true about putting £5 on it. It's only needed to get tracker to send back info, but as it's a live tracking service for a year you don't need to top up at all
1483903773605.png

Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic