Does a P2V and a P2V+ initialize the same way?

Reaction score
I own a P2V and recently picked up a wrecked P2V+. After replacing two motors, the shell and replacing a ribbon cable and updating the software I decided to fire it up. Something I noticed right away is there was no "three beeps" at the end of the start up sequence like the P2V has. Is this normal for a P2V+ or could it be because the gimbal/camera were not attached? They were beyond repair so I had planned on adding a Zenmuse H3-3D and a Go Pro Hero 3 to it.

The Pv2+ flys fine, seems to lock on to GPS without issue (according to LED indication/smartphone app) however I have noticed that I can't seem to calibrate the compass by switching the S1 switch like I can the P2V.

It came from about 30 miles from where I live so I really didn't think there would be much of a magnetic difference but I suppose I should be glad it didn't take off or something.

Any thoughts on why I can't calibrate the compass and if the P2V+ is supposed to have the same audible start-up sounds as the P2V?

Thanks much for your time and knowledge!

Viro

virodeath said:
I own a P2V and recently picked up a wrecked P2V+. After replacing two motors, the shell and replacing a ribbon cable and updating the software I decided to fire it up. Something I noticed right away is there was no "three beeps" at the end of the start up sequence like the P2V has. Is this normal for a P2V+ or could it be because the gimbal/camera were not attached? They were beyond repair so I had planned on adding a Zenmuse H3-3D and a Go Pro Hero 3 to it.

The Pv2+ flys fine, seems to lock on to GPS without issue (according to LED indication/smartphone app) however I have noticed that I can't seem to calibrate the compass by switching the S1 switch like I can the P2V.

It came from about 30 miles from where I live so I really didn't think there would be much of a magnetic difference but I suppose I should be glad it didn't take off or something.

Any thoughts on why I can't calibrate the compass and if the P2V+ is supposed to have the same audible start-up sounds as the P2V?

Thanks much for your time and knowledge!

Viro
Its normal that the p2v+ doesnt have the last 3 chirps on startup, I'd be concerned why you cant calibrate the compass. Make fixing that a priority before flying too high.

Thank you very much, when I get home today I will check into that process. If I remember right my mod value was in the 1600 range but I can't recall the X,Y,Z values.

Also thanks for the info. on the chirping at start-up. I am so use to the P2V chirping three times it just seems weird not to hear it.

Viro

So just a update, everything in "looked" ok in the compass software, but I went ahead and did an advanced IMU calibration and that solved my issue of not being able to calibrate the compass. Everything looks GTG now!

Thanks very much for the help!

Viro

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj