Dodgy ESC?

Reaction score
I’m seeing strange behaviour from one of my rear ESCs and was wondering if anyone has experienced similar issues?

When I power up the P2 the rear red ESCs flash yellow as normal as the acquire GPS… however occasionally one of them also flashes green at the same time it’s flashing yellow; when GPS lock is aquired it performs completely normally. Then when I go into Compass Calibration, the same ESC, instead of changing to yellow, stays green throughout the calibration process, although flashes on cue.

During the flight it works fine however when the battery drops below 30% and it turns red it seems to flash red with irregular pauses between flashes… certainly not the steady flash I see from the other one.

I am presuming that the ESC is damaged in some way rather than the NAZA unit (as the other ESCs are performing as expected) and will have to look at replacing it. Are the ESCs on the P2 similar to the P1 in as much as there are Red/Green CW/CCW versions? So far I am only finding suppliers selling P2 ESCs with no colour or rotation.

Sounds like the red circuit on the LED portion of the ESC board is having a bad time. In the absence of red, yellow becomes green.

I ended up desoldering the ESC and replacing it with a nice new one. Problem solved :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik