Documentation

Reaction score
Greetings. I've had a Phantom for 4 or 5 days now. I've had some RC experience a few years back, mostly with Kyosho Mini-Zs and various outdoor trucks, but I did have an aircraft, a Fighterbird park flyer. I'm not doing too badly so far, but I'm having trouble with DJI's instructional material. Some of it is contradictory, some makes no sense at all. The videos are a little better, but tend to zip right past important bits of info while repeating what should be obvious.

I'm wondering if there is another source of information about things like transmitter calibration, etc.

Those pdfs seem like badly translated nonsense to me.

Any pointers to more info appreciated!

Chezedog said:
Greetings. I've had a Phantom for 4 or 5 days now. I've had some RC experience a few years back, mostly with Kyosho Mini-Zs and various outdoor trucks, but I did have an aircraft, a Fighterbird park flyer. I'm not doing too badly so far, but I'm having trouble with DJI's instructional material. Some of it is contradictory, some makes no sense at all. The videos are a little better, but tend to zip right past important bits of info while repeating what should be obvious.

I'm wondering if there is another source of information about things like transmitter calibration, etc.

Those pdfs seem like badly translated nonsense to me.

Any pointers to more info appreciated!

yup,. lots of information, and quite a bit is lost in translation.

That's where this forum comes in handy, if it hasn't been asked before, just post and someone will be able to answer it for you!

Gizmo3000 said:
That's where this forum comes in handy, if it hasn't been asked before, just post and someone will be able to answer it for you!

Been here less than 24 hours, and have gotten plenty of help already, so I can't argue with that! :D

The dji website docs are getting a tiny bit better but still fall back into native chinglish. Tough and weird to get it, but ask in this forum and all will be explained! Annoying considering how much we pay for this sport, but its actually gotten better over the last few months!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic