Do you put your name/info on your drone?

Reaction score
Catch 22, falls on a lamborghini or Ferrari I kind of want to run and hide, then again if it falls safely in a yard and someone picks it up I kind of want someone who's a good person and call a # I would list on the drone.

so is your information stickered on it? Name/phone #

Catch 22, falls on a lamborghini or Ferrari I kind of want to run and hide, then again if it falls safely in a yard and someone picks it up I kind of want someone who's a good person and call a # I would list on the drone.

so is your information stickered on it? Name/phone #
If it falls on one of the cars. maybe your flying in the wrong area. I don't know anyone with a Lamborghini or Ferrari. But the ones I do know that own Porsche park in their garage.
Oh I have my FAA# & cell phone.

I live in a city, not the sticks.

I do my best to stay over open space/area but of course I will hit a street or 2, and even houses.

That's what makes a drone fun by the way, if I wanted to stay in some big field I'd get a plane.

for me, the thrill of flying these things is the distance it'll go, the smooth flight but more importantly the safe flight and the fact it won't just fall out of the sky.

other then that, the Phantom is not a nimble, fast RC toy.

That's what makes a drone fun by the way, if I wanted to stay in some big field I'd get a plane.

for me, the thrill of flying these things is the distance it'll go, the smooth flight but more importantly the safe flight and the fact it won't just fall out of the sky.

Hi. Although improbable, be prepared to just see it fall out of the sky. Crap happens :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit and run is not a good philosophy if you are a drone flyer. Be ready to face situations and accept fault if you make one. Assume if someone damages your BMW and runs away, how do you feel it?

I have my FAA #'s on em but need to get my sticker man to fix me some for all my birds with name and cell # .
If I mess up I mean to take full responsibility. Not gonna run and hide .

My FAA number and my cell number are on the sticker.

Sticker is inside the battery compartment at the bottom. Legal, since it doesn't require any tools to get to. I don't have a name or address on there. I have no intention of running and hiding from an incident that is my fault. However, my level of cooperation with the person on the other end will depend on their attitude. If they feel compelled, then they can look it up in the FAA database.

Reactions: YoFrenchy

Flying it can be fun but for me the drone is simply a platform for my camera. An easily movable, very high invisible tripod.

Reactions: phxbird57
An @dji forum friend, kindly used his label maker to print me three different sized stickers with Reward & my phone number. Another Phantom friend, 3D printed me a red gimbal guard, that has my home phone# printed like etching, into the plastic. ;-)
I didn't think having my MAAC ID printed onto it as well, would be any extra benefit.

RedHotPoker

Nothing wrong with living in the sticks is there?
No, not an issue of major concern for anyone here. As long as you aren't living in a van, down by the river... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: GKPK and phxbird57
I have my name, number and "Reward if found" on a label stuck to the top and another on the side.

Having a membership to a designated RC flying field, like our local www.ercha.ca has been nice. As well, awesome in being a dues-paid member of www.maac.ca. Our membership there provides us with a $7.5M liability insurance..
Lord forbid. . . You know? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: phxbird57
If in the US I'd assume ALL do. Until we're told otherwise it's required to at least have your FAA Operator Registration # on/in the aircraft.

Old timers have long since had our name, contact #, and AMA # clearly visible on each of our aircraft (required for AMA members). I have since updated all of my aircraft to include Registration #, name, phone # and email address. If mine goes down I'd hope someone at least tries to contact me. Plus have it read "Reward if found" helps to "incentify" people to contact me.

I'd hope anyone flying would be responsible enough to be able to take care of any damages you might cause. If you're man enough to FLY you'd better be man enough to stand behind your actions.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub