Do you prefer taking photos or video?

Reaction score
I wish I could take photos and video at the same time but have to choose one. I usually lean towards photos because they can be viewed quicker but like videos because the person viewing them can feel like they are along for the ride. What do you prefer and why?

I always take both. I snap some shots, fly for video, let the phantom come to a standstill and then take some stills. Sometimes I will even take some grabs from the video itself. You can do both unless a filter is screwing up your video.

Sent from my VS995 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Great question. I struggle with this as well so have made a habit of making 9 overlapping images while rotating through 360 degrees. Then fly to next promising location with video running. Sometimes I do things multiple times so as to get a diverse collection of media. If the time, place, and subject are promising I muster up some patience and "work" the scene with a variety of media type. Many times I am rewarded by doing my "chores" like 9 point 360s. And multiple flyovers with video running. I made this 360 degree image yesterday of the record snowfall that smote the Sierra with 25 FEET of snow. I used a P4 to make this 125 MB 9 exposure image. Suncloudspanorama

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav