Do you let other people fly your bird?

Is it legal to let someone fly it if it is registered with the FAA in your name? What if they cause damage to property (others, not the drone) like fly it into the road and a car swerves and crashes...who would be responsible?
Awesome question. My gues is aslong as your right there but its just a guess.
Anyone?

No one has asked me yet. I offered my boy once but he said, "Hell no! I don't have $$ to replace it!" My wife runs away when I ask her. We were taking a vacation on the shore one winter and had nothing to do. So I bought a kite and was flying it on the beach. My wife asked if she could try it so I said sure. No sooner than she took the string, it dove into the beach at about 100 mph, breaking into a thousand pieces. My only entertainment for this stupid winter beach trip and she nose-dives it.

My dog would but he doesn't have opposable thumbs.

Is it legal to let someone fly it if it is registered with the FAA in your name? What if they cause damage to property (others, not the drone) like fly it into the road and a car swerves and crashes...who would be responsible?
It is legal, but you are the responsible person if it goes wrong

I let a pilot friend of mine fly my P3S for a full flight after going over basics with him. I was trying to convince him to be my 333 pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

All the time, but with LOTS of open space, and we start with VERY small controller movements.

I usually have people just use the left stick first. Right thumb TOTALLY off the right stick!

Rotate right, rotate left. That gives them a very good idea of the stick response, without endangering the aircraft. I have them rotate 'till they can make a very slow, controlled rotation. After that, I've never had a problem with heavy-sticking.

Then we go to up - controlled ascents from 50->100' or so, and very slow descents back to 50'.

Once they've got that, it's time for right-stick only translation maneuvers left and right, then forward and away, all in a nose-away setup.

Almost anyone can do these successfully, feel like they had a good flight experience, and the chances of them pranging the aircraft are low. Stick-jammers who just can't lay off the controls show themselves VERY quickly on the rotate-only maneuver, and if they can't chill out after a couple reminders, don't get to go farther.

Learning young

Attachments

• 20160427_183638.jpg
    20160427_183638.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 340
My wife kinda asked me why you not letting your friend try it when i get my brand new P4, Im a RC plane flyer and i had my friend tried flying RC planes and Quacopter in Simulator few times but everytime he crash it lol so i kinda hesitated, Somehow i did let him try and all he trying to do is test the Obstacle avoidance by going into a tree :eek:

Yeah right if crash neither him or wife gonna pay for replacement parts

I let my son fly (started when he was 11, now 13).

The only other person I let fly it was my neighbor who happens to be an airline pilot. After watching me fly it and after he tried it he agrees that the pilot requirement for commercial drone use is crap.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Twice. But I always take up around 100 feet and tell them go forward back slide left and right.. But that's about it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nooo way. Not yet at least. I would probably consider letting my brothers take it for a brief spin, but that's only because they have some experience with smaller quads and, more importantly, the means to replace it in the event of a disaster.

I let my 16 year old nephew fly my drones (turned 16 in April, was 15 during his first flights), he's pretty damned good, and he's a natural making great films with the drones, probably better than me. He forgets the controls once in a while if we haven't flown for a while, but picks it up quickly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj