Do you leave your props on while stored in your case?

Depends... I have the microraptor case. When I have my Air 2 in the case I take them off. I don't want them touching the tablet. Otherwise I leave them on. Just make sure to check them on every flight.

I almost always leave them on, Microraptor case allows this. It even has little acrylic pegs that fit in precut holes in the foam that don't let the blades rotate around. I believe that repeatedly removing and replacing the props loosens the threads

I almost always leave them on, Microraptor case allows this. It even has little acrylic pegs that fit in precut holes in the foam that don't let the blades rotate around. I believe that repeatedly removing and replacing the props loosens the threads
Same here.. I actually just tossed a set because I thought they were getting too loose (50 flights). They were properly balanced but the P3 flew a little bit wonky with them. I actually think they tracked differently which was causing the P3 to wobble a little. So I trashed them put on a new set all is well again.

Off when I have to, and without fear. Visual inspection of the threads and hubs generally provides me with comfort they are safe to fly or ready for changing out.

People who have had problems seem to over tighten, sometimes using tools to apply additional torque during installation, or do other amazing thinks like actually manage to get a CCW thread to start on a CW motor shaft and continue to wrestle and monster it all the way on.

Using @dji hardshell backpack, I leave mine on, only remove them during transportation to and from, my flying locations.
Not sure why the threaded hubs would wear out, unless you are truly tightening them much too firmly.

RedHotPoker

I always kept them on in the case with my old phantom. I have just ordered a new case of amazon so i can leave them on the P3, i am cured of taking them on and off all the time every flight. I fly on the way to work and sometimes on the way home and putting them on and of is bugging me now so a new case has been ordered. Managed to find a case not to big which allows the props to stay on and fits an ipad in and all leads spare props ect ect.
What case did you buy?

Okay, can I ask why you think that? I've seen others express concern about continuous stress on the props.
It's logical that constantly loosening and tightening them can lead to more stress than just leaving them on, tightened. Just makes sense to me. I have never heard of a failure where leaving the props on has hurt the prop hub from stress, that's silly IMHO.

Yes, leave my Propellers on in the case too. Got my original propellers, since last June! No Problems thus far[emoji120][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can't speak for the others, but the Microraptor hardcase doesn't put any pressure on installed blades, it's designed to leave the props on. A nice feature is the vertical plastic pegs that provide a guide slot for the blades to rest. Putting the blades between the peg guides prevent the blades from swinging out and getting in the way of closing the lid. I have one, it's a nice case, waterproof too.

I have migrated to using a Think Tank Helipad backpack most the time due to the places I fly, it's easier to tote up a mountain or bike path. If interested PM me, my hard case is like new, looking to sell it if you live in So Calif.

I prefer to take my props off while packing.

I can't speak for the others, but the Microraptor hardcase doesn't put any pressure on installed blades, it's designed to leave the props on. A nice feature is the vertical plastic pegs that provide a guide slot for the blades to rest. Putting the blades between the peg guides prevent the blades from swinging out and getting in the way of closing the lid. I have one, it's a nice case, waterproof too.

I have migrated to using a Think Tank Helipad backpack most the time due to the places I fly, it's easier to tote up a mountain or bike path. If interested PM me, my hard case is like new, looking to sell it if you live in So Calif.

Actually the top piece of foam in the Microraptor case will put pressure on the blades when closed, not much but it does exert some on them. But that's not the issue, the problem is it does this to the antennas of the RC as well, and they are fragile and could maybe break or be damaged at the point where they fold. For me the easy solution was to not use the top foam piece. Without that there is plenty of clearance for everything and no issues with blades or antenna's.

Mine have been in since day one which was last September, no problems.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455828208.355969.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455828231.256278.jpg

Props on all the time in my go professional case works like a charm and there is no pressure on the upper portion of the Phantom I also store it sideways without issue

my hard case is like new, looking to sell it if you live in So Calif.
John, sorry I missed your post last night, just read it now, I ordered one last night, maybe I would've been interested in your case, but I don't live in SO Cal anymore, I lived in San Bernardino most of my life until 6 years ago when I moved close to Fresno. Anyway, an off topic question for you since you live in Yorba Linda, have you ever gone to Nixon's museum?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers