Do you know what this is?

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I built this today... You guys have any idea what it is, and/or what it's for? :D :D :D

camdown01.jpg

camdown03.jpg

camdown02.jpg

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
please don't say its a float

LOL... nope... not a float...

Clue... This is for a P2V with a RotorPixel... (using a brand new DJI P2 TX) :D

-slinger

It looks like a board that I am planning to build so that on take off the Hero doesn't bump the ground on startup. Complete with the "if found" message. When I take off I would tilt the camera down to record the "If Not Found" message.

SteveMann said:
It looks like a board that I am planning to build so that on take off the Hero doesn't bump the ground on startup. Complete with the "if found" message. When I take off I would tilt the camera down to record the "If Not Found" message.

DING DING DING DING DING !!! Don Pardo... Tell him what he's won... :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a P2V with a RotorPixel, so there's no Hero involved... but... There's apparently one small peculiarity with a P2V, a RotroPixel and a new style P2 TX. No matter what we do, when the P2V starts up, the RotorPixel insists on checking out what's on the ground. When the FC200 is facing straight down, there isn't quite enough room for it to clear whatever the P2V is standing on. This little platform gives more than enough room for the camera to swing down without stressing the RPG servos...

I've only had the new TX for a few days and I've already forgotten to use the new hip wheel to push the camera up when starting the P2V... TWICE... Since the chances of me getting smarter are pretty slim, I thought I might Pavlov Dog myself a bit by consistantly placing the bird on this little pedestal every time I launch it... :D :D :D

The black strips are of the softer section of velcro... That's a cut out where the landing skids of the P2V sit...

-slinger

dirkclod said:
SteveMann said:
Well Steive if you saw that message when you took off from that you might be having a problem as it's on the bottom side :shock:
And slinger come on and admit it .....You found that under the tree Christmas most likely left by the same little fellow that Mal got the RE700 from :?:
:lol: Pretty slick bro !!! :D Though I was expecting to see a little switch on the bottom of that new TX ;)

[hey ,I don't forget stuff like that ]

Switch on the TX? Dammit Dirk!!! :( :( :(

-slinger

Yeah... It's winter. Last year I got so bored I built this elaborate helicopter pad... And... It's only December. I'm off to Radio Shack to buy a coupla switches... :D :roll:

helipad01.jpg

-slinger

dirkclod said:
Now sitting this on that might not look right so while out I would go ahead and go by lumber yard and pick ip somemore stuff and just make another one that's all just one piece :D

I'm finally done with the %$A^&*ing thing... This OCD stuff is for the birds. :roll:

camdown04-s.jpg

camdown05-s.jpg

camdown06-s.jpg

camdown07-s.jpg

And... they actually go pretty well together as a team... :D :mrgreen: :twisted:

launchpad01-s.jpg

gunslinger said:
Yeah... It's winter. Last year I got so bored I built this elaborate helicopter pad... And... It's only December. I'm off to Radio Shack to buy a coupla switches... :D :roll:

helipad01.jpg

-slinger

If you plan on selling that, then im interested, it would make quite a talking point.

Nice work Gslinger. We should compare our woodworking shops. Mine is 24 X 24 and full of machines.

Happyflyer said:
Nice work Gslinger. We should compare our woodworking shops. Mine is 24 X 24 and full of machines.

I have a much smaller woodworking area, but I've got a nice drill press and real nice antique scroll saw that my father bought used back in the mid-fifties... I finally swapped out my old, huge, Craftsman table saw for a real nice folding work site Ridgid table saw. I love it. I just fold it up and roll it out of the way. It's easy to roll it up the bulkhead stairs and plug it in outside too. :D :D :D

-slinger

Sounds good. That old scroll saw might just be better than some of todays. Factory I worked in in the mid 60's out of high school had big woodworking machines from the 20's and 30's and were still going strong. They are still in that closed building. Love to get some of them. Your moveable can be useful.
And you don't need a ton of stuff to do good work.

Happyflyer said:
Sounds good. That old scroll saw might just be better than some of todays. Factory I worked in in the mid 60's out of high school had big woodworking machines from the 20's and 30's and were still going strong. They are still in that closed building. Love to get some of them. Your moveable can be useful.
And you don't need a ton of stuff to do good work.

This is like mine only mine is in wicked nice condition..

m59ae3Fy_XT4TJlCKf_FCKg.jpg

-slinger

Slick
An addition:
I thought I would give you a good giggle after looking at that nice job you did with your launch pad.
This is what I have been using.

Attachments

• 100_0128.JPG
    100_0128.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 299
Happyflyer said:
Slick
An addition:
I thought I would give you a good giggle after looking at that nice job you did with your launch pad.
This is what I have been using.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's what I SHOULD be using... but... noooooo... :roll:

Ha! My buddy just made us each one of these for the exact same reason. Much classier than the piece of styrofoam I was using.

Studmule said:
Ha! My buddy just made us each one of these for the exact same reason. Much classier than the piece of styrofoam I was using.

Nice!!! I especially like the bubble level. :D

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31