Do you know what the UK military pilots are calling us??

Reaction score
A friend of mine is a Eurofighter Typhoon and fast jet test pilot for the RAF (I guess someone has to do it :) ) and he told me that quadcopter pilots are now referred to as Maplin Muppets!

For overseas readers, Maplin is the UK equivalent of Radio Shack and sells the FC40.

That being said, he loves flying my P2 and we are exploring getting me to participate in an exercise, where I will attempt to get a quad sufficiently close to an activity on base to film details while they attempt to find and stop me, all before I can upload the video! Sounds like a fun day out :)

What sucks about that, I will get to see the video sometime in 2017 when it's released from your national security department. :(

Sounds like one hell of an exercise. Go for it with gusto, before the bad guys do. ;)

Yep, it can be done. :eek: But I wouldn't do it.

I bet you will see the inside of a military jail if you try to stream that exercise. :cry:

Please make sure lots of us have the link if you do stream live.

yeah, you won't get to see what I am filming. We are going to load a stock video clip onto the camera SD card before we start and the challenge will be for me to post this before they can stop me.

TBH, all that will be happening on the ground will be some vehicle movements and people with guns running around a bit, so nothing too sensitive! The military are interested in how much detail I can acquire before I get spotted.

noiseboy72 said:
The military are interested in how much detail I can acquire before I get spotted.

Go in high at 400ft - take off away from site and upwind - switch to atti mode and let the wind drift it over the site - less noise.

This Muppet doesn't shop at Radio Shack, they don't sell Phantoms :cry: Hope the exercise was a reality, can't wait for the EMF ray guns to zap my Phantom next time I fly over a black-ops site :shock:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.