Do you just fly?

Reaction score
Hey all. I have been enjoying my new bird, a Phantom 1 for a couple of months. I have been a casual RC'er since the 80s. Planes, cars, boats, co-axel heli, FP heli which I could never really master and now quadcopters. The Phantom is by far the most fun I have ever had the pleasure to fly. So after reading forum posts for the past couple of months, I was wondering how many of you just fly your Phantom for the pure enjoyment of flying? No aerial pictures or video, no FPV, just fly.

devveldogg said:
I was wondering how many of you just fly your Phantom for the pure enjoyment of flying? No aerial pictures or video, no FPV, just fly.

Not me. It's a video capture tool.

I enjoy actually participating in an activity (i.e. driving. riding, boating, etc.) vs. pretending by thumb twiddling a tiny RC version.

Both. Fun to fly around but I would have a "bad" fly day if I did not have a micro chip in the camera and recording. Stunning view of an area from 900 feet.

Me!

I have a P2 without any attachments.

I've flown a Trex 450 with a camera for years around my neck of the woods so aerial photography is not a priority.

Granted not with a stabilized system or HD quality but for now I luv teaching the kids and letting them enjoy some of what the've been watching me do for years.

Funny you should ask.... I Have a P2V- (I call it minus because the camera was destroyed) So I have removed what was left of the camera/gimbal & have been flying it around keeping it in line of sight. I have had an episode or two where it has disappeared into the sun or against the clouds... I could hear it but couldn't see it so I just activated failsafe lol
But yeah, it's kinda fun & now I'm more relaxed & not too concerned about it crashing.

I'm all about the aerial video as well, and got hooked on FPV months after I got my Phantom 1. (I don't know how I managed to fly so prior)

Occasionally I'll fly line of sight, practice my figure-8's a bit - even try Manual mode (scary)
but with my gimbal firmly attached, I prefer to fly FPV

I"ve never really flown any other aircraft - but imagine flying airplanes and heli's are much more exciting than flying a multi rotor around.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4