Do you have a "Home Base" for flying?

Reaction score
Is there a place that you spend most of your flight time at?

I go to a field at a local middle school on the weekends.

Re: Do you have a

My home base is an old HS sport's complex. Two baseball fields, track, football field and several large parking lots. When not in use I have a nice aerial track to fly around, otherwise I limit my flight area to a remote empty parking lot within the complex. Just don't want to create a concern by me flying overhead while a field is in use.

Whether I'm able to use the entire complex or just a tennis court, I always practice maneuvers to make myself a better pilot. So it's 99% practice, for that 1% opportunity to video the best location to date....

Behind my house! Field with a little room, plenty of water to drown it, [done that ] plenty of trees to reach out and grab it [they have ] and a big cutover for it to go down in [ has ] !! What more could ya want :D

Attachments

• now (1024x663).jpg
    now (1024x663).jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 513

No place special. Where ever I can takeoff from and record as there's no shortage subjects to shoot.

I have a nature reserve on my back door. It is very nice, but dangers include, too much water for my liking, too many light aircraft flying at 300-400 feet doing sightseeing and loads of bird-strike opportunities :)

This is about 2.5 km across

Attachments

• staidans.jpg
    staidans.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 461

I have a backyard, full of trees, electrical drop line, cable and telephone lines, in other words: Zero flight area. I can fly in my neighbor's back yard, with wires on one side, then tall tres around the edges. In other words, about 60' by 40 for visual flight.

A short walk goes to a community garden. But, I'm disabled and that is too far. My vehicle is at my house, in another town. So, I'm pretty much SOL, until I can get my vehicle up here. An electric scooter would be nice! Then, I'll need a backpack.
:)

The beach and lake behind my house. I mostly take off from my balcony.

Southern Baja, well beyond FAA jurisdiction.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1