Do you fly fixed wing aircrafts?

Reaction score
I saw this interesting (to me) article on building a plane out of foam. Thought I'd share it, with anyone interested in reading, or perhaps following the directions and basic instructions to build one.
image.jpeg

This one is made for "Winter Flyin' Fun" already, with its bouyant skis for landing skids. And for landing on Water in the Spring/Summer. Mount a small camera on it. :)
image.jpeg

How To Make RC Planes: SEA-SKY FLYER

Perhaps we need, some 3D priint' skis, for the Phantom 3? Hehe

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I fly "planks" and thoroughly have a blast each and every time.

That looks like a fun little 'snowy day" project later in the winter.

Thanks for sharing :)

That is really cool. I think flying FPV is really cool, just for its own sake, and Quads have some special capabilities -- like hovering. If you're a long time light aircraft pilot, the first time hovering feels very odd, then very neat and useful

Unless you're using those capabilities, there is nothing like one fixed wing, being pulled by a propeller vs 4 motors screaming away. Tons more efficency. Tons safer, as far as clonking someone on the head. A Lightbridge on an efficient wing would be something. Of course if you are required to keep it in site at all times, the Lightbridge might be overkill. Sob... It pains me too utter those words about such a beautiful piece of technology. They had it priced by itself so high that the P3A,P practically were, buy the Lightbridge her a free drone.

But to the subject. I have a little cub that's boring, but sure think fixed wing for some issues murder quads.

Why yes, of course. For sure it counts, even more than RC piloting.
Just not in this instance. Hahaha

Lightbridge, in a Phantom 3 is rather awesome. I for one, am so Very thankful, to have entered this arena, at such an opportune moment in RC history.
She gives me, a lot to look forward to. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers