Do you ever change your props or just when you crash and chip or break them?

Reaction score
I know we all have and keep extra props but do you ever change them out?
When I flew Rc planes I would change props out regular .
On my Phantom 1.1.1 I would change out of I had a tip over on take off or landing and had a scuff mark.

These props are not expensive. Any time if you feel they are chipped off or deformed, just change them.

Life of these props is really long and unless you have a hit, they keep working.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's also a good idea to inspect your props prior to each flight -- even if you haven't crashed. If the props become worn and/or start cracking around the hub area, they could fly off mid-flight.

Reactions: bobomet
It's always good to check both your props and mounts before and after each flight. They need to be in good condition. Also, after installing the props, check each prop for excess play. If one prop seems to have more play in the fit than the others, verify if it is abnormal. One way would be to swap t the prop with the other motor and see I'f the play is with the prop or the prop mount. If you have any doubt, change the props and possibly the mounts also.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What's the advantage of using carbon fiber props?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I know for RC helicopters, the CF blades flex less and give more precise flight and maneuverability. Not sure what they would give you with a Phantom being they are so short. Maybe a little more speed, or slightly more flight time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair