Do you check flight condition/restriction before flying?

Reaction score
I was about to fly this morning near my home and checks flight condition like wind speed with UAV forecast. It showed me a warning on the map and says FAA TFR. I clicked on the link and found that FAA issued a temporary flight restriction in DFW area. 6/4068 NOTAM Details

Do you guys check these rule before flight? Looks like drone is not allowed at any height above surface within the restricted time.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I learn more everyday from this place!

No, I usually only check the winds if it is windy. If it is calm, I don't.

Yes I do check uavforecast before each flight. And yes, they do often put a link up if there's a TFR in your area, so that's nice.

You really should check before every flying session. The last thing you want to do is get busted flying in a TFR.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I always check winds before I head out, I didn't even know that temporary flight restrictions exist for UAVs. I may start checking that before I fly.

You really should check before every flying session. The last thing you want to do is get busted flying in a TFR.
Why would there be a TFR issued for calm winds?

TFR has nothing to do with winds. Those are used for various reasons but could be:
VIP movement(President etc)
EMERGENCY Aviation Activity (forest service water tankers)

Or anything else deemed safety related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm learning... ;)

I check every single flight. Don't need to check restrictions. I know 100% I'm not going to restricted area. Just conditions mainly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers