Do we need to split this board into iOSand Android segments?

Reaction score
Just wondering out loud (as you do) whether the P2V+ board needs split in two - one for Android users and one for iOS users?

I'm on iOS and I'm not interested in reading posts about all the great apps for Android users only.

For those that see the humour, feel free to smirk away; for those that don't, well, I expect a load of flaming!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Do we need to split this board?

This post is a little like yelling "fire" in a movie theater and then saying it was just a joke.

Unlike iOS the android tablets can be bought cheap these days. I own way more iOS devices but my phones and tablets have always been android.

But my answer to the question is...NO to splitting.

Happy - By your post it appears you're beginning to realize the force is stronger with Android... Just buy a cheap Android tablet, we won't tell....

Mori55 said:
This who board seems kinda dead lately.

Do you think it has peaked?
Well it kinda makes sense since it's tied to a single family of products.
(I wonder if the sales have peaked as well.)

If the 'name' is not carried -on by DJI than eventually they'll be little or no traffic on this or similar sites.

It will have to be more manufacturer or overall 'hobby' centric beyond just the Phantom.

Re: Do we need to split this board into iOSand Android segme

I think it's just weather related for those of us who don't live in Florida....

When I can get out there and fly just for shits and giggles, I'll definitely be back more just out of interest and hopefully not coming here to say "oh no, my phantom bugged out and crash landed"

RichWest said:
Happy - By your post it appears you're beginning to realize the force is stronger with Android... Just buy a cheap Android tablet, we won't tell....

Really !

Apple overtook android as the highest volume smart phone seller in US last quarter.

robinb said:
RichWest said:

Really !

Apple overtook android as the highest volume smart phone seller in US last quarter.

Whats that have to do w/ FPV?

Nothing and everything :)

Apple sales must be making you money, why else would that matter for our hapiness?!?!! look macdonalds is really hitting it at selling burguers. If that also matters for anything :shock: :?

robinb said:
RichWest said:

Really !

True.... but it just barely edged out Samsung... one of many andriod smartphone/device makers. Andriod as a whole still has a healthy lead on IOS devices

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/03/technol ... martphone/

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/02/24/ios ... e-q4-2014/

edit: Added one last chart that give a good overview of the current landscape.
http://icharts.net/chartchannel/worldwi ... _mhnsyinmc

robinb said:
RichWest said:

Really !

Android does not sell phones, it's an OS. It's like say Windows told more computers than Apple.

iOS sales overtook Android sales?

I kinda think when they started moving threads to classified section it kinda died. I for one liked reading and learning about new products.
I just never click on the classified section.

robinb said:
RichWest said:

Really !

That doesn't have anything to do with market share... comparing apple to individual android sellers just shows who is ahead individually.

Compare apple to all android sales so you are putting one operating system against the other ... and the results are staggering.

Android..... 82% market share
Apple......... 18% market share

Don't knock Apple, my wife and 90+ parents have ipads and iphones and get on with them fine.. if they had android I would be forever sorting their problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20