Do these work?

I knew they are very directional. I finally put them on Saturday and took it out on my known distance flight. I got an addition 400-500 ft over the windsurfers. Actually, they worked with full signal even 500-600 ft left or right of center about 4000ft out.
On my quads that use 5.8GHZ, these panels actually cut through obstructions a little better that the stock radio antenna.
Flat panel antennas are good for clear areas. They are almost useless with dense obstructions. The signal is very narrow. The stock antennas are multi-directional and better for obstructions especially with the parabolic.

So much depends on where you fly.

I made it 18,700 feet with a completely stock P3A over a lake north of the city. At home though, the same stock rig only got me 2450 feet.

I downloaded an .STL file from Thingiverse for a parabolic reflector (windsurfer) for the Phantom 3, printed it at home - and with it, I was able to go 4600 feet at home.

Then, I purchased the ITElite DBS02 antenna and (unboosted) was able to go 8200 feet.

A few days ago, I bought the MaxxRange (boosted) kit from MaxxUAV Canada Specializing In Long Distance Mods! and had @KyleMaxxUAV (the owner) do the install for me. It looks awesome and can't wait to test it (currently too windy) but I expect to surpass 13,000 feet with it. I'll come back and update this message with the actual distance I get after I have a chance to test.

The windsurfer is a great starting point - but if you need to go further - or if you're having a problem with penetration - the boosted antennas provide a much better experience than the windsurfer. I also highly recommend Kyle and his shop if you do decide to look beyond the Windsurfer.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466476902.021484.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466476921.266524.jpg

I am guessing you have some sort of battery modification. That is awesome!
So much depends on where you fly.

I made it 18,700 feet with a completely stock P3A over a lake north of the city. At home though, the same stock rig only got me 2450 feet.

I downloaded an .STL file from Thingiverse for a parabolic reflector (windsurfer) for the Phantom 3, printed it at home - and with it, I was able to go 4600 feet at home.

Then, I purchased the ITElite DBS02 antenna and (unboosted) was able to go 8200 feet.

A few days ago, I bought the MaxxRange (boosted) kit from MaxxUAV Canada Specializing In Long Distance Mods! and had @KyleMaxxUAV (the owner) do the install for me. It looks awesome and can't wait to test it (currently too windy) but I expect to surpass 13,000 feet with it. I'll come back and update this message with the actual distance I get after I have a chance to test.

The windsurfer is a great starting point - but if you need to go further - or if you're having a problem with penetration - the boosted antennas provide a much better experience than the windsurfer. I also highly recommend Kyle and his shop if you do decide to look beyond the Windsurfer.

View attachment 57697

View attachment 57698

I am guessing you have some sort of battery modification. That is awesome!

I do not - but I'm in the market for one...
Here's my personal best flight - completely unmodified Phantom 3 Advanced.... 5.7km, 18,700 feet

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466480868.941729.jpg

Reactions: HWCM
How the hell did you do that? I fly out maybe 9000ft and can just make it back with 30% battery. I guess you come back with a lot less battery. Oh and I also have to climb 1000ft over a mountain. lol
I do not - but I'm in the market for one...
Here's my personal best flight - completely unmodified Phantom 3 Advanced.... 5.7km, 18,700 feet

View attachment 57709

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues