• Screenshot_2016-06-13-12-37-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-13-12-37-37.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 284
  • Screenshot_2016-06-13-12-36-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-13-12-36-02.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Reactions: HWCM
That, of course, requires opening up and modifying the RC. Not saying they are bad but many do not wish to mod the RC/AC due to warranty.
Yeah I know. That's no big deal for me. I am wondering if I will get better performance from them than the windsurfers. They are just panel antennas. Which is basically what the windsurfers are. But these are more focused. I used them on my 250 quad.

Ok I finally got them now which way is up?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone notice that Doink blocked out the height on one of his screen shots. Dude is wrecking the hobby for everyone flying above regulations!! (Whatever they are in UK)

I am thinking of putting a copper sheet on the back of my tablet. Curious to see if that helps.

Anyone notice that Doink blocked out the height on one of his screen shots. Dude is wrecking the hobby for everyone flying above regulations!! (Whatever they are in UK)

I am thinking of putting a copper sheet on the back of my tablet. Curious to see if that helps.
I think he was only a foot or so over the CAA reg 400ft. Mine has gone to 410 before it warned me I was over....

Wondered how long it would take, if you want to know it was 406ft, the first pic shows it wasn't a great height although to the letter yes I broke the law

Reactions: Numone
So long as it's not the distance police although I think they're too busy on the max distance threads gathering IP addresses from the forum administrators to bother looking here

Reactions: Numone
I had mine up over 1000ft indicated...because I was going up a mountainside. I started 800 ft below the top. lol
I don't care if you go over the limit. Just surprised no one caught that lol

SKYREAT Copper Parabolic Antenna Range Booster for DJI Phantom 4 Phantom 3 Professional Advanced Inspire 1 Controller Transmitter Signal Extend (2 pcs) Amazon.com: SKYREAT Copper Parabolic Antenna Range Booster for DJI Phantom 4 Phantom 3 Professional Advanced Inspire 1 Controller Transmitter Signal Extend (2 pcs): Toys & Games

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes they work but are VERY directional. You need to keep an eye on the compass and keep the bird at 12 o'clock. If you don't you will lose contact much faster than without it. That being said, I live in Atlanta where the hills are high and the trees are quite tall and very dense. I got the P3P and was SO disappointed when I could not get more than 700 to 1000 meters. Now I get 2500 to 4000 meters. Today I went out over 5000 meters and barely made it back. I won't do it again, but it sure was fun.

Do not buy the one you are showing. There are complaints that the weight makes the antennas fall sideways. Buy the Bestmaple on Amazon. The two sides are connected by a hinge so they won't fall sideways. It also folds up protecting the reflectors. It fits in my DJI backpack.

Reactions: HWCM
What about these? I have these sitting on my table trying to decide if I want to install them. I wonder if they will improve what my windsurfers can do.
USA Range Extended Antenna Booster Signal Amplifer Refitting Kit For Phantom 3

I have the windsurfers and they increased my range two or three fold.
Flat panel antennas are good for clear areas. They are almost useless with dense obstructions. The signal is very narrow. The stock antennas are multi-directional and better for obstructions especially with the parabolic.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub