Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Do these work?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Harleymhs, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Harleymhs

Do these range extenders work? 19.00$ ? I'm not getting the range like some of you out there, some guys say you are getting 4-5 miles! I go out to 1.5 miles and loose Light Bridge then controller signal on a beach.. Anyone try these range extenders? Thanks!

viewImage.jpg
    viewImage2.jpg

2. bbfpv

3. N017RW

Yes they work.

Ever cup your hands behind your ears?

Same principle.

4. Harleymhs

Thank u! Ill give them a try!

5. Sammynels

Have 1. Not bad

6. Tricky

I downloaded (for FREE) the 3D file to print these made by @Giuseppe Finizia and I was able to achieve 2.45 miles without signal loss...I had my local library use their 3D printer...free is for me

7. Jeff48920

I understand that they are excellent BUT they make the unit completely unidirectional and very narrowly focused. I suspect you need to keep the antenna much closer to directly in line with the bird.

8. Giuseppe Finizia

Hi Tricky, thank you to mention me in your post ;-)

I invite everyone to download the STL file of the 3D model of my "Range Booster" and 3D print it, any suggestion is welcome to improve its design.

DJI Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 Range Booster by Giufini

Anyway, for those who do not have a 3D printer, I can sell them a ready to use and nicely hand-finished 3D printed Range Booster with aluminum coating (€19,00 + shipping).

Range Booster Aluminium.jpg

I am currently producing a more effective type of Range Booster provided with a seamless High Quality Copper Layer (€23,00 + shipping).

Range Booster Copper.jpg

You can usually get excellent results with the Range Booster covered with Aluminium foil, anyway using the Range Booster with copper coating you will get slightly better results expecially when you use the drone in an area with sparse trees and medium size obstacles.

In any case, you will be greatly impressed by the huge improvements that these Range Boosters will give to your flights with the Phantom 3 or Inspire 1 drones.

Send me a message to giuseppe.finizia@gmail.com if you want to buy one of them.

9. Darmie

Great. So aluminum coating is better around trees? Here in Texas, we have both. BTW, do you