Do P3S's have sensors?

Reaction score
I'm just curious to know if phantom 3 standards have sensors. They just know where the ground is when they auto land and stuff.. I would assume they do internally.. just wondering.

No, it does not have sensors. There is a barometer in the IMU that is used to estimate the current altitude. When auto landing, it'll just keep descending until it stops descending. That's how it knows when it has landed.

Reactions: PhantomEvan
I have a P3S. When I auto-land the drone comes down at about 1mph until about 2ft above ground. At about 2ft it stops for about 1second, then descends the last 2ft at about 1ft per second.

I have a P3S. When I auto-land the drone comes down at about 1mph until about 2ft above ground. At about 2ft it stops for about 1second, then descends the last 2ft at about 1ft per second.
Yeah that's why I thought it had sensors.. it just knows when to land slow

It is a curious thing that people state with authority that the barometer is not such a precision instrument, lets face it gps is itself only accurate to a few feet, yet our little drone thingies do slow down on auto decent and land with a gentle kiss. Otherwise it would be one decent bounce, ground surface dependant naturally.
There be more to this conundrum than meets the eye methinks.

Reactions: Philltayl
It is a curious thing that people state with authority that the barometer is not such a precision instrument, lets face it gps is itself only accurate to a few feet, yet our little drone thingies do slow down on auto decent and land with a gentle kiss. Otherwise it would be one decent bounce, ground surface dependant naturally.
There be more to this conundrum than meets the eye methinks.

high pressure created by ground effect........ :)

Reactions: Robbutler1977

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen