Do others share these concerns?

Having had mine Vision + for over a month and about 8 newbie flights, I can say that nearly all of the mishaps I have had have been pilot error - not calibrating the compass properly, not allowing it to set its home lock position before take off, not understanding the subtleties of how the systems really work.

The only issue I did have once was a compass calibration problem due to being too close to a metal barn which caused the Phantom to fly erratically before I put it down. Going slow while you are on the early learning curve, using a pre-flight checklist, etc., can save a lot of headaches. I'm guessing that a lot of the "fly-aways" are probably related to pilot failure to assure the pre-flight status of the quad is really set up right, and thus the calibrations done internally will fail to operate as designed. That has been my experience so far.

MT

I'm starting to wonder about where & how these accident happened.
I wish we could start recording these on the site so we can basically get stats on it.

I know 3 fly always and two of them are user error (didn't go through the check list).

I think DJI is doing well for Chinese made expensive toy. I don't care what others say, Phantom is a toy. And I like my toy! ^_^

I did think about returning my P2V+ but for a different reason. I want to go fast & do more of FPV than what this toy can offer. But when I do the math of what it takes, it'll cost more than P2V+ and pilot can't be a beginner. I think for me, P2V+ has been great gateway toy to FPV & spend time with my family in a different way than before with taking visuals to learning to fly.
When I think of all that, I alway come to the conclusion to keep it ^_^

You've spent your $1300.
What's the difference if you don't fly it because you crashed it, or don't fly it because you're afraid of crashing it?

Just me meticulous in your flying and preflight.

Nope. Enjoyed your videos. Very cool catching flips and recovery. I hope you can get the horizon straightened out :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31