DO NOT UPDATE THE CAMERA FIRMWARE FOR PHANTOM 2 VISION.

Reaction score
WARNING. ---BE CAREFUL--- I did the exact procedure that DJI indicates in the video and that resulted in a malfunction of the camera. Now there is an orange light in the back of the camera and no image at all. I contacted DJI by email and they responded to me that I must send the camera to the dealer for replacement. SO, DO NOT PERFORM THE PROCEDURE of updating the firmware of the P. 2 Vision F200 camera, (IT IS RISKY) until the engineers of DJI have Fixed the problem, that I imagine will be with a new version of the camera firmware. Until that happens, you will may remain on the ground.

By the way, if you want to see for yourself what I'm saying, visit the web page http://www.dji.com and you will realize that the link to download the firmware update of the phantom 2 vision camera -v 1.1.9.- has been removed today from the web page and no longer allows download. Try to get it and you get a warning that says "page not found"

I wonder if the solution is going to cost money for us. It shouldn´t cause this is an DJI´s error.

For more information. See videos in youtube. "vision 2 CAMERA PROBLEM", and check for info in other sites like WIKI DJI.
:cry:

Re: DO NOT UPDATE THE CAMERA FIRMWARE FOR PHANTOM 2 VISION

But loads of people have updated to 1.1.9 with no issues.......

It is just a warning. See videos in youtube. "vision 2 CAMERA PROBLEM", and in other sites like WIKI DJI. It seems to be that some times works and sometimes does not. I am in that bad luck group. The link was removed form the DJI site. The issue is happening is growing and it is harmful.
Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it isn't happening. It is a warning for those who HAVE not yet performed the updating firmware to v1.1.9. procedure.

DO NOT DO IT.

rilot said:
But loads of people have updated to 1.1.9 with no issues.......

The issue is happening, is growing and it is harmful. DJI is sending the customers to their dealers.
Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it isn't happening. It is a warning for those who HAVE not yet performed the updating firmware to v1.1.9. procedure. By the way, if you want to see by yourself what I'm saying, visit the web page http://www.dji.com and you will realize that the link to download the firmware update of the phantom 2 vision -v 1.1.9.- has been removed from the page and no longer allows download. Try to get it and you get a warning that says "page not found"

I wonder if the solution is going to cost money for us. It shouldn´t cause this is a DJI´s error.

Is there someone out there that has an earlier version. Like a earlier .bin file? firmware for the P2v fc200 Camera? enquiring minds want to know.

What's the point of updating it anyway? What's the benefit

There is word that the new firmware allows RAW. Some P2V owners have updated their firmware without incident and are fine. Some, like myself lost live video when the DJI app auto updated. I did not manually update my firmware, but the last time I turned everything on to fly, the app updated my wifi extender. I would like to attempt to go back to factory stock on everything, DJI android app, camera firmware, quad firmware and central board firmware. Start from scratch and see if I can get live feed back. I have used different wifi analyzer software and both the camera and the range extender are broadcasting. That tells me it is not a hardware issue, but software. I would like to say that those with windows based devices have not been effected nearly as much. It seems to be more android specific.

Personally, I have never upgraded firmware, software or hardware if everything was working properly. I have never had an issue NEVER, until the DJI android based GS forced an update, which I clearly had checked to NEVER update, but it did it anyway. If you don't know what I mean...
If you install a item from the playstore, look to the upper right of the screen. There will be three dots, click on them. You can choose never to update.
Again, some are sending their units in to be fixed/refurbished. Others are being forced to purchase components to replace this issue. It is NOT hardware based, it IS software based.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj