DO NOT UPDATE iOS APP TO 1.0.31 - ITS CORRUPTED

It is probably prudent for all users (ios and android) to turn off automatic updates until feedback is in. This implies relying on other innocents testing the update but I for one cannot afford a replacement so moral concerns go out the window :) fwiw the Android app appears to be set up not to auto update as there is a check box saying 'check for update ?' I have erred on the side of caution and set all apps not to update (playstore/settings).

Today a recognised representative on RCGROUPS.COM posted :

Today, 04:16 AM
#5733 Report
sidneyw
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,608 Posts
iOS Vision app 1.0.31 has been fixed .... it will take a few days (3 to 5 days) to get approval and release by Apple.

I am passing along the apology for the inconvenience.

I found this on facebook. It is on the DJI Owners page, from Richard Whelan…

Dear DJI Dealers&Customers,

First, as the product manager of Phantom 2 Vision, I would like to express my greatest gratitude and appreciation to you guys for promoting and supporting the Vision product.

Due to a technical mistake on selecting the compiler version used in our Vision App 1.0.31 when submitting to Apple App Store, this particular version of iOS Vision App caused a lot of problems to our customers. DJI's engineering team has already targeted the issue and resubmitted another version 1.0.32 to App Store with an request to Apple for fast "code-check approval" which takes 1-2 days normally.To avoid further confusions and problems of Vision App 1.0.31 may bring to our customers, we temporally shutdown the download of Vision App. Once the 1.0.32 App got approved from Apple App Store, we will immediately re-open the download.

As the product manager of Phantom 2 Vision, I sincerely apologize for the mistake. Again, thank you so much for what you have done to grow with DJI and thank you so much for your continuous trust in DJI's products.

We are always focusing on innovating the best flying and photographing solutions for our customers.
And I hope this way of communication will be a good bridge between dealers, customers and the
engineering team which DJI's products have been created, making our communications more clear,
efficient, and effective.

Again, thank you very much !

PAValentine said:

First, as the product manager of Phantom 2 Vision, I would like to express my greatest gratitude and appreciation to you guys for promoting and supporting the Vision product.

Due to a technical mistake on selecting the compiler version used in our Vision App 1.0.31 when submitting to Apple App Store, this particular version of iOS Vision App caused a lot of problems to our customers. DJI's engineering team has already targeted the issue and resubmitted another version 1.0.32 to App Store with an request to Apple for fast "code-check approval" which takes 1-2 days normally.To avoid further confusions and problems of Vision App 1.0.31 may bring to our customers, we temporally shutdown the download of Vision App. Once the 1.0.32 App got approved from Apple App Store, we will immediately re-open the download.

As the product manager of Phantom 2 Vision, I sincerely apologize for the mistake. Again, thank you so much for what you have done to grow with DJI and thank you so much for your continuous trust in DJI's products.

We are always focusing on innovating the best flying and photographing solutions for our customers.
And I hope this way of communication will be a good bridge between dealers, customers and the
engineering team which DJI's products have been created, making our communications more clear,

WOW!!! A response !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i need to fly today and i allready delete the dji app, and now i cant downloaded, i will need to make a jailbreak to my iphone to be install the one someone share in this post. dammm!

I updated yesterday and I got same problems of all.

So, looking for a temporary solution, searching and searching...I found in my iTunes the 1.0.28 version and reinstalled it. Works good!!!

Regards.

PAValentine said:

Can't find it... Would you mind sharing the link?

Thanks...
-slinger

oukenfold said:
i need to fly today and i allready delete the dji app, and now i cant downloaded, i will need to make a jailbreak to my iphone to be install the one someone share in this post. dammm!

if you're on ios7 then you could load the app store - got to updates > purchased and see if a previous version is there for you to download

To the rest of the community, the constructive point I would like to share (which Studiowise is adverse to, and strongly disagreed with in another thread) is that it is often a good idea to not install firmware updates until they have been in the wild for a while in order to prove that they don't create more issues than they are fixing.

That is all. The choice to wait a few days to see what happens is up to each of you. But I have found it prudent.

Studiowise said:
I don't want to flog a dead horse .... BUT!

BUT... it seems someone has a little bit of an issue with needing to get in the last word! (So, by all means follow up yet again. ;) )

I stand by everything I've previously posted. For others reading this (who don't stalk my every move) Don't flatter yourself. I hope even your family is willing to point out when you are wrong. You no doubt consider them "stalkers" as well if a device weighing several kilograms that hurtles through the air at many miles per hour, costs £850 to replace and has an inherent firmware flaw that the suppliers advice updating (mostly through rumour / leaks and forum gossip) , then I still advise implementing THAT update ASAP.
If my app won't work properly then I'm unlikely to hurt me, someone else or suffer a financial loss due to the device falling out of the sky due to battery 'failure'. I've rolled my app back and away we go.

Edited to add: my creation of the original post that started this thread actually backs up my attitude in relation to updates etc.
DJI have obviously rushed out this minor iOS update before fulling understanding all the consequences and will no doubt be urgently looking to release an update to fix it. In my opinion, they also rushed out the Vision to get it out in time for the Xmas market and didn't fully test their firmware in relation to it checking its a ligit battery and supplying in-flight data to the various control systems. They released an update for it and I advised updating and that it was irresponsible to not do so from a purely from a safety point of view.

Again, since you seem to be a little slow on the uptake, take note that DJI (and others) often rush out updates with flaws that the early adopters run into. It is by no means limited to ios apps. When you gain a little more experience with various technology, you too will be enlightened as you sure seem adverse to learning from the experience of others. Which is interesting because that is the basic premise of forums like this.

Dave Pitman said:
To the rest of the community, the constructive point I would like to share (which Studiowise is adverse to, and strongly disagreed with in another thread) is that it is often a good idea to not install firmware updates until they have been in the wild for a while in order to prove that they don't create more issues than they are fixing.

That is all. The choice to wait a few days to see what happens is up to each of you. But I have found it prudent.

Studiowise said:
I don't want to flog a dead horse .... BUT!

BUT... it seems someone has a little bit of an issue with needing to get in the last word! (So, by all means follow up yet again. ;) )

I stand by everything I've previously posted. For others reading this (who don't stalk my every move) Don't flatter yourself. I hope even your family is willing to point out when you are wrong. You no doubt consider them "stalkers" as well if a device weighing several kilograms that hurtles through the air at many miles per hour, costs £850 to replace and has an inherent firmware flaw that the suppliers advice updating (mostly through rumour / leaks and forum gossip) , then I still advise implementing THAT update ASAP.
If my app won't work properly then I'm unlikely to hurt me, someone else or suffer a financial loss due to the device falling out of the sky due to battery 'failure'. I've rolled my app back and away we go.

Edited to add: my creation of the original post that started this thread actually backs up my attitude in relation to updates etc.
DJI have obviously rushed out this minor iOS update before fulling understanding all the consequences and will no doubt be urgently looking to release an update to fix it. In my opinion, they also rushed out the Vision to get it out in time for the Xmas market and didn't fully test their firmware in relation to it checking its a ligit battery and supplying in-flight data to the various control systems. They released an update for it and I advised updating and that it was irresponsible to not do so from a purely from a safety point of view.

Again, since you seem to be a little slow on the uptake, take note that DJI (and others) often rush out updates with flaws that the early adopters run into. It is by no means limited to ios apps. When you gain a little more experience with various technology, you too will be enlightened as you sure seem adverse to learning from the experience of others. Which is interesting because that is the basic premise of forums like this.

In reply I shall just say
1) I shall not stoop so low with personal insults and what the hell my family have to do with anything related to this is beyond me. Next will be the lowest denominator hitler reference to provoke me or maybe a "your momma"?
2) you have no knowledge (just conjecture and prejudice) at all about the experience I may or may not have
3) the tone (and colour) of your last post means I see no point in carrying on this any further as I'm pretty sure I won't learn anything from you of any great significance or relevance
Last one - I don't think it's just me that seems to like the last word .......... Waits

:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 318

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member