DO NOT UPDATE iOS APP TO 1.0.31 - ITS CORRUPTED

Reaction score
Didn't see this posted yet so thought if give you a heads up that the latest release of the iOS app (1.0.31) is broken and will screw up the graphics of your app (and has caused crashes for others)

Here's what it did to my iPhone app (see graphics top right)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,044
shi............t, i allready have 10.31 and its really bad, crash and crash me out.

Hopefully they will get out a version 32 quickly.

Same problem for me on 5S IOS 7. No GPS signals, false altitude and battery reading.

Re: DO NOT UPDATE iOS APP TO 1.0.31

Studiowise said:
Oh and turn off app auto update if you haven't already!

WTF is wrong with QA at DJI???? This is freaking ridiculous! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Have you guys quit the app completely before launching the new one?

I'd think Apple's (automated) QA system should catch something this obvious..

Here's how I recovered....Delete the app completely, then re-download it right away. It should still be the old version 1.0.30. Then ignore the update...worked for me.

i luckily didnt update the version on my computer, so i just deleted the app from my phone and reloaded the old version from my computer. i then turned off auto-update!

b2pilot186 said:
Here's how I recovered....Delete the app completely, then re-download it right away. It should still be the old version 1.0.30. Then ignore the update...worked for me.

Didn't work for me... WTF?????

b2pilot186 said:

That doesn't sound right. Anytime you 'redownload' something from the App Store, it'll fetch the very latest available. Unless DJI has pulled the last version, then you can't get the old version from App Store.

What could work is if you haven't updated the copy in your iTunes, then you can delete the app from your iPad\iphone THEN sync to your computer... fetching the older version that's still on it.

Didn't work for me... WTF?????[/quote]

Didn't work for me either :( Looks like it is an IOS 7 issue.

I have the program on my Note 10.1 but it is way too heavy to fly with so I guess I'll have to try to use the corrupt crap on my iPhone 5 till DJI gets around to fixing it - hopefully before everything shuts down for two weeks during Chinese New Year.

I downloaded my old DJI app from the cloud before I had synced my iphone with the new updated app...that's why it worked. If someone can copy their old .ipa file to a Dropbox folder for everyone to download, we may be able to help some folks out in restoring 1.0.30. I will see if I can get that accomplished today.

b2pilot186 said:
I downloaded my old DJI app from the cloud before I had synced my iphone with the new updated app...that's why it worked. If someone can copy their old .ipa file to a Dropbox folder for everyone to download, we may be able to help some folks out in restoring 1.0.30. I will see if I can get that accomplished today.

Ah... that makes sense. Thanks a lot for the explanation and effort. I'd like to get back to 1.0.30 as I was planning on flying today, for the first time in over a week due to the weather. Really don't want to take off with a lame app. I could use the Nexus, but it's pretty bright out there today and I haven't solved that problem yet... :roll:

Well, I was able to copy the ipa file for the app no problem...Unfortunately, looking at the file contents I see that my AppleID is shown as the owner of the app. Since it's a free app, it might work on someone else's device but I'm hesitant to "cross the streams" so to speak by tossing out an ipa file with my Apple userdata embedded in it...sorry guys.

b2pilot186 said:
Well, I was able to copy the ipa file for the app no problem...Unfortunately, looking at the file contents I see that my AppleID is shown as the owner of the app. Since it's a free app, it might work on someone else's device but I'm hesitant to "cross the streams" so to speak by tossing out an ipa file with my Apple userdata embedded in it...sorry guys.

Never cross the streams. That would be... bad... :shock:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.