Do not purchase from GearBest

Reaction score
Back in December after watching a video or two on the SYMA X5C-1, I thought it would be a nice small unit to play with in winter. One of the videos had a little discount offer from a company, so I took a look. OK, in NY, and in stock and ship within 5 days. That was their first lie. So I ordered one. Then I found out they are located in The Netherlands. Ten days later I ask why no shipping info? Company statement it would be shipped in two days. That was their second lie. A week later tracking info arrived but showed pre-shipment. That went on and on and nothing. Another contact with seller and it would be shipped soon. That was their third lie. After a month and six days the unit arrived.
There are two things that keep me from a second purchase from a company. One is when they lie to me. The other is when they state they shipped and did not. All along through this fiasco this company that lies continue to state the item was in stock.
So take the warning if you are going to purchase any RC device DO NOT purchase it from GearBest. They lie to their customers and continue to do so. :x

Attachments

• RS199016593NL.jpg
    RS199016593NL.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 2,239
Reactions: YoYo
mendezl said:
I had a normal experience with them. Bought this cheap little quad http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_129098.html

they sent me a pic of the package and a tracking number. It arrived today. shipping was slow but it was cheap like $6. No issues.
I received about the same. But that was when they ACTUALLY shipped the item. This was after two lies that they had shipped and had not. It would have been different if they would have just stated it was really out of stock and they were waiting for more stock.

I ordered one, too, from Amazon. It hasn't arrived as it is being shipped from overseas. I'm still waiting... But, I did notice that it would take awhile before it arrived. Extra batteries have already arrived.

PhantomFanatic said:
I ordered one, too, from Amazon. It hasn't arrived as it is being shipped from overseas. I'm still waiting... But, I did notice that it would take awhile before it arrived. Extra batteries have already arrived.
You at least were advised it would take time. Mine the big lie was in New York area and in stock and ship in 4-5 days. All LIES.

I've had a similar experience with Banggood and will now only buy the cheapest of items from them. Things like batteries, shells and propellers.

I can't knock them, as they refunded me when I requested it, after waiting seven weeks for an IMax B6 and a Eachine CG022. They actually turned up a week later, so I paid them back. By then though, I'd all but ruined most of my batteries and I had lost interest in the CG022 because I had recently bought and received other stuff from Ebay and Amazon. I'm sure your experience with GearBest isn't common. But then again, they should show extra care with first time customers, as their service sets the tone thereafter.

Just my opinion.

Very, VERY slow shipping and never got a tracking number. 3 weeks and not even a tracking number.

Gearbest.....
First time...last time.

Update...item arrived the day after I posted this.
Still, I'd rather purchase from a vendor who does a bit better job of not keeping me guessing.

Last edited:
Reactions: YoYo
That's too bad. They have a lot of cool stuff. I agree with Psycho's take on BangGood. Great (okay, CHEAP!) stuff, just allow at least 8 weeks if you use the free shipping option. This is where the saying "a slow boat from China" comes from!

Jimmy

That's too bad. They have a lot of cool stuff. I agree with Psycho's take on BangGood. Great (okay, CHEAP!) stuff, just allow at least 8 weeks if you use the free shipping option. This is where the saying "a slow boat from China" comes from!

Jimmy

Jimmy, the crazy thing is that I order a lot of small stuff from China and very often I get it within 10 days. We're talking orders under 20 dollars often, and usually off ebay.

Reactions: JamesD
I have had that "quick-boat-from-China" also. Best was 10 days also. Most take a little longer. Maybe it is a device called "air-o-plane."
It is that "we got your order and we call that as shipped" BS that gets to me. To me it is not shipped until it is in the hands of the carrier.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie